Consumers Energy West Olive.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Consumers Energy West Olive.

Unread post by AARR »

With all due respect to anyone connected to G&W, I would prefer GLC or LSRC getting the lines. I believe they have grown their lines more effectively and give it the best potential to bring in new business.
Chip wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:23 pm
Not to mention better suited geographically, at least for WATCO. MQT buying it could also make sense if G&W thinks it's worthwhile.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

AARR wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:49 pm
With all due respect to anyone connected to G&W, I would prefer GLC or LSRC getting the lines. I believe they have grown their lines more effectively and give it the best potential to bring in new business.
Chip wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:23 pm
Not to mention better suited geographically, at least for WATCO. MQT buying it could also make sense if G&W thinks it's worthwhile.
In defense of MQT, I've been through most of their territory, there's NOTHING there to grow.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Standard Railfan wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:40 am
The end is near. Consumers Energy has reached an agreement with “stakeholders” to end coal use at West Olive (and everywhere else) by 2025.

Get your coal train photos while you can.

https://www.consumersenergy.com/news-r ... r-michigan
I hope this means they don't end up begging us to limit our energy use during daytime hours in the summer.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.