Shepherd depot siding

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Bluewaterfan
Pullman Fan

Shepherd depot siding

Unread post by Bluewaterfan »

Does anyone know if the track to the depot siding is still connected to the main?
One can make a mistake and own up to it, but still feel guilty.
~~anonymous

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I don't think it is, Bluewaterfan. I recall reading how AARRT&HA installed a temperary switch to place the engine and cabooses on the spur. I believe the took it our when they were done. I may be wrong :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Switch is no longer in place. IIRC, in 91 when they got the engine (think it's 91) there was track work in the area. The switch was to be removed. I think they made a few calls and work was halted in the area of the switch until the engine could arrive.
I could be totally off but i'll try to find the article. I got it somewhere.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.