Harger location?

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan

Harger location?

Unread post by Dan Cluley »

Back in the day, the TSBY interchanged with CSX at a siding at "Harger" near Saginaw. I see a Harger trail that I assume is the former TSBY line, but am not sure exactly where the siding was located.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Harger location?

Unread post by AARR »

Harger is 9.6 miles from Richville Jct. That seems to place it between N. Gera and N. Dehmel Roads.

Harger was the interchange with GTW, not CSX.

It looks like they stopped using it between 2004-2006 when RA combined its CMGN and HESR operations and used trackage rights on CSX through Saginaw to their Genesee Yard. That was about the time I75 was widened and the branch was separated and Richville to Buena Vista abandoned.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Dan Cluley »

Thanks. I'd forgotten that the GT went over there. It would have been CMGN by 1990 when I was there.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I have seen one video of HESR going to Harger to set out cars. Coincidentally it was around 1990. I came across it by accident and am not sure I could find it again.
Dan Cluley wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:52 am
Thanks. I'd forgotten that the GT went over there. It would have been CMGN by 1990 when I was there.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...