CSX Rail line through Millbury, Ohio

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

CSX Rail line through Millbury, Ohio

Unread post by David Collins »

Does anyone know the history of the CSX line that crosses State Road 795 in Millbury, Ohio? It’s between the exit ramp off of I-280 and Toledo Executive airport, I’ve gone to Millbury many times and I’ve mainly seen tons of Covered Hoppers stored on that line and also I’ve once seen a SD40-3 lead long hood forward on presumably a local through there, it looks like a spur out of walbridge yard but I just want to see if anyone knows anything
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Rail line through Millbury, Ohio

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

David Collins wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:37 pm
Does anyone know the history of the CSX line that crosses State Road 795 in Millbury, Ohio? It’s between the exit ramp off of I-280 and Toledo Executive airport, I’ve gone to Millbury many times and I’ve mainly seen tons of Covered Hoppers stored on that line and also I’ve once seen a SD40-3 lead long hood forward on presumably a local through there, it looks like a spur out of walbridge yard but I just want to see if anyone knows anything
The line you describe would be the former Pennsylvania Railroad line into Toledo from Carothers. The line originally connected with the PRR main at Toledo Jct. The connection was later moved to Bucyrus and the original line removed in part between Toledo Jct. and Carothers. Somewhere I have read a history of this line. I will try to find the source.

C&O Dispatcher
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Rail line through Millbury, Ohio

Unread post by C&O Dispatcher »

The PRR Red Arrow used to use that route between New York City and Detroit with trackage rights over C&O north of Toledo to Carleton. Passenger service had been gone for 10 years on that route by the time I started working at Carleton in 1970.

https://prrths-ne.org/maps/Toledo_Division.pdf