I toured 54sound, 20 years after Eminem recorded the 8 mile album

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

I toured 54sound, 20 years after Eminem recorded the 8 mile album

Unread post by David Collins »

Today, I got quite the opportunity via a family friend of mine to tour the studio that made Eminem famous, 54sound. With songs such as Lose Yourself, 8 Mile, The Real Slim Shady, and quite a few more being recorded/produced there. This week and next week too is also big anniversary for the studio and Eminem, 20 years ago this week, Eminem released the album, 8 mile. This one album, which the owner of the studio thought was going to be just a normal release, would end up changing the rap and hip-hop genre forever.

As a former broadcaster at my high schools' radio station, I absolutely geeked out on the massive control boards, the sound systems, the microphones used, etc.
Attachments
Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, and many more other artists that Marshall collaborated with sat at this SSL board, and put their songs together there.
Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, and many more other artists that Marshall collaborated with sat at this SSL board, and put their songs together there.
Another view of the same SSL board.
Another view of the same SSL board.