One of the best railfan twitter pages I've ever seen

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

One of the best railfan twitter pages I've ever seen

Unread post by David Collins »

Some of you maybe have heard of the guy on Facebook known as WDTX 1402, he takes pictures of locomotives/cars and turns them, well, into something that looks quite cursed :shock:

Whenever I'm feeling down I go to his page and I feel instantly revitalized :lol:

https://twitter.com/wdtx1402

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: One of the best railfan twitter pages I've ever seen

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Didn't Trains publish one of his photos on the newswire a while back? I seem to recall that the story disappeared pretty quickly, but I was amazed at tbe quality of WDTX1402's work, even if it wasn't exactly accurate.

It was interesting to see one of the more influential media sources in the hobby publish something from a relatively unknown...character...in the social media world. Even if it didn't turn out the way they'd planned, it should have been a good opportunity to point out the satirical nature of the individual's work.

Both WDTX1402 and Sawenhalve Scrap (on Facebook) are good for a laugh, especially in a hobby that's become bloated with people who have to be the authority on all things "train" (even when they're clearly wrong they insist that they're the expert and you're not) and who have sucked a lot of the fun out of the hobby. Not everything in the hobby has to be serious and it's nice that there are a few individuals out there poking fun at those who take it way too seriously. Fortunately the fun suckers don't control social media, or we'd never be allowed to see the satirical content...
~ Charles W.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:15 am
Didn't Trains publish one of his photos on the newswire a while back? I seem to recall that the story disappeared pretty quickly, but I was amazed at tbe quality of WDTX1402's work, even if it wasn't exactly accurate.
You betcha!

amessmann
Signal Maintainer

Unread post by amessmann »

Thanks for sharing David, my favorite had to be the Oakway C424's.