Review of RRmods.com CSX AC44CW, CN C44-9W and BCOL C44-9W for Trainz: A New Era

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Review of RRmods.com CSX AC44CW, CN C44-9W and BCOL C44-9W for Trainz: A New Era

Unread post by David Collins »

Not sure if this is the right thread to put this in- so my apologies admin if you need to move it.

Recently, I purchased 3 locomotives from RRmods.com, one of the leading websites for content on N3V Trainz Simulators, I am not endorsed by them in anyway shape/form. Today, since I had a snow day and had nothing to do, I decided to do a product review on the 3 engines I purchased.

I purchased the YN3B CSX AC4400CW, the CN C44-9W, and the BCRail C44-9W (in the blue livery with the white logo).

After I downloaded the three engines, I noticed they had a few missing dependencies, however, that was an easy fix. I decided to test the three locomotives leading a MIGN ethanol train on the UMR Palmer Subdivision Route.

All of these engines are INCREDIBLY well detailed. The CN C44-9W came with 3 separate "skins" with each of the 3 being either weathered, clean, or having the cn.ca logo. The CSX AC4400CW has two skins, both in the YN3b paint, either clean or weathered. The BCrail C44-9W has only one skin, which is dirty. Quite frankly I like running the engines dirty, so it looks more realistic (even though it's leading an ethanol train going to a fictional Class II railroad :lol:).

All three engines have VERY realistic engine sounds, cab interiors, and great-sounding horns. Normally, with other payware/freeware websites (such as jointedrail, Control Point Simulations, K&L trains, etc), you have to be able to live without a realistic-sounding horn or an unrealistic cab, the definition of a first-world problem, I know! but rrmods has solved these problems.

I ran all three engines on a 121 car long ethanol train, and the physics of them pulling the very long train were very accurate with the coupler draft/buff forces. There are so many easter eggs with these engines, such as opening cabin doors, windows and engine bay doors. The CSX AC4400CW also has flashing ditchlights.

All three engines cost $14.00 each and are available at rrmods.com.
Attachments
bandicam 2022-02-02 14-33-28-081.jpg
bandicam 2022-02-02 14-34-12-020.jpg
bandicam 2022-02-02 14-32-39-838.jpg
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Review of RRmods.com CSX AC44CW, CN C44-9W and BCOL C44-9W for Trainz: A New Era

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Wait, you spent $42 on digital content in the form of paint jobs for 3 locomotives for a train simulator program?
Oh, how some people spend their extra cash. I guess we all have weird things we spend our money on, but about the only digital things I buy is website hosting fees, purchased in part by some of the generous people here offering donations :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: Review of RRmods.com CSX AC44CW, CN C44-9W and BCOL C44-9W for Trainz: A New Era

~Z~ wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:17 pm
Wait, you spent $42 on digital content in the form of paint jobs for 3 locomotives for a train simulator program?
Oh, how some people spend their extra cash. I guess we all have weird things we spend our money on, but about the only digital things I buy is website hosting fees, purchased in part by some of the generous people here offering donations :)
No, the skins come with the engines themselves, I was just mentioning what they came with :D

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

why would you spend money on content for Trainz when you can literally find download links online for all of it.

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

I am glad I am out of my phase of buying train sim DLC

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

good god, no need to be all rude

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

There's only one person you need to please when it comes to things like this...
the person you see when you look into a mirror.

I see that I still have my Microsoft Train SImulator. Wonder how long that has been sitting on the shelf?