How not to be a rail fan!

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
RRguy
Railroadfan...fan

How not to be a rail fan!

Unread post by RRguy »

Do not go to a railroader and ask them to cut down or remove any piece of railroad equipment on railroad property. If an item interferes with your pictures or where you park while taking pictures, move somewhere else.

1. You are trespassing.
2. This is your hobby, but it is their job. Setting you up for the perfect shot, isn’t in their job description....they have other things to worry about.
3. It is rude and disrespectful to bother them about it once, let alone repeatedly asking about it. Would you like to be bothered at work?

These guys just want to get through their day safely, and get back home to their families.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: How not to be a rail fan!

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Ok....what prompted this?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

RRguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RRguy »

I talked to signal guy earlier and he mentioned that a local fan keeps asking him about removing pipes that stick up from the ground (from a signal project). The pipes interfere with the fans pictures and parking, but they’re all on RR property. Just let the signal guy work and do his job. I think the fan is overstepping a bit, it gives railroaders a bad taste in their mouth for all rail fans.....even the respectful ones. From my understanding they have enough to deal with from management, let alone a “Karen” rail fan.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Um.....what is a “Karen” rail fan?

Tom49801
Bangor Webcam Master

Unread post by Tom49801 »

Pixl wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:37 pm
A pushy, usually female, wanna be in control of everyone's lives, type of person. Check out YouTube videos for "Karens". The male versions are called "Kevins" (if I remember correctly).

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

Tom49801 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Pixl wrote:
A pushy, usually female, wanna be in control of everyone's lives, type of person. Check out YouTube videos for "Karens". The male versions are called "Kevins" (if I remember correctly).
I thought the male of the species were referred as "Kyles".🤣🤣🤣🤣
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The railfans who need to be reminded on how to behave probably won't think it applies to them
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

The urban Dictionary says "Karen. Middle aged woman, typically blonde, makes solutions to others' problems an inconvenience to her although she isn't even remotely affected."

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

WELL, now that were on the subject. :-) Maybe the railroads can clean up their right of ways so i can take better photographs. All we need now is a volunteer to start calling all the railroads. Have a great day ;-)

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

trnwatcher wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:59 pm
Tom49801 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Pixl wrote:
“Kyles” are guys that wear tight t-shirts, guzzle Monster energy drinks and punch holes in drywall.

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KVERBERK »

trnwatcher wrote: ↑Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:59 pm
Tom49801 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:34 pm
Pixl wrote: ↑Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:37 pm
“Kyles” are guys that wear tight t-shirts, guzzle Monster energy drinks and punch holes in drywall.
I take offence to this...

lol not really,

but I wasn't aware the male version was ME! oh well

-Kyle :roll:
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

Karen was the first name of the 'lady' that called the police on the black guy in New York Central Park for not having his dog properly restrained. Or maybe he called her out for not properly restraining her dog so SHE called the police saying something to the effect of "a black man is harassing me and I want a police officer on scene now."
I don't exactly remember the whole circumstance...it's on YouTube I'm sure.
Brings to mind the Progressive Insurance ads about How Not To Become Your Parents.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Doktor No »

And I concur with RRGuy 100%. We never REALLY had a problem except when the CP Rail Canadian Military train was in town. The foamites were everywhere and Wyoming PD hustled them out of the yard.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.