Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where Is It?

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

~Z~ wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:40 pm
Standard is correct. It generally doesn't take 30 mins to drive to Ferrysburg... That's why I said within 30 mins. Didn't want to give the location down to the exact mileage away or exact time like that :)
I forgot the Smilie. :lol:

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by railrod1949 »

Standard Railfan wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:54 pm
~Z~ wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:09 pm
AARR wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:59 pm
Muskegon area?
If I were in downtown Muskegon and someone asked if the photo location was nearby, I'd say it's close enough, within 30 mins at least.
Since when does it take 30 minutes to drive from Muskegon to Ferrysburg?

Ferrysburg, Second St. looking north.
Indeed, Second Street, Ferrysburg, Ottawa County. Final run of the remaining C&O Railway passenger trains between Muskegon and Holland with stops at Mukegon Heights, and Grand Haven, was made on April 30, 1971.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Here is a town that I don't believe we have ever used before from 1989. The tracks and some of the buildings are still there.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Elkton?
Michael wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:36 am
Here is a town that I don't believe we have ever used before from 1989. The tracks and some of the buildings are still there.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Not Elkton. You're cold.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Ada?
AARR wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:38 am
Elkton? No, You're cold
Michael wrote:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AARR wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:33 pm
Ada?
There are no grade crossings in downtown Ada (other than the spur into Amway).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Sturgis?
AARR wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:33 pm
Ada? There are no grade crossings in downtown Ada (other than the spur into Amway).
Elkton? No, You're cold
Michael wrote:

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

No. We have definitely done Sturgis and Ada as well. I don't know if it helps but this is the Google Street view from 2009

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is it on GDLK?
AARR wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:40 pm
Sturgis? No. We have definitely done Sturgis and Ada as well. I don't know if it helps but this is the Google Street view from 2009
Ada? There are no grade crossings in downtown Ada (other than the spur into Amway).
Elkton? No, You're cold
Michael wrote:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Found it - Scottville.
That last image helped a good amount. Seeing the "S Main St" and realizing it's gotta be a straight east/west stretch of railroad in a town that the north/south Main St has the crossing on the south side of town. Just kept following raillines till I found this one.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

~Z~ wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:08 pm
Found it - Scottville.
That last image helped a good amount. Seeing the "S Main St" and realizing it's gotta be a straight east/west stretch of railroad in a town that the north/south Main St has the crossing on the south side of town. Just kept following raillines till I found this one.
Indeed, Scottville looking north along S Main Street towards US-10 in Mason County. Final runs of the old C&O Railway mixed trains 1 and 4 between Ludington and Saginaw with stop in Scottville, was made on November 30, 1949.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Good one Michael. It would have taken me a lot of hints to find it.
railrod1949 wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:25 pm
~Z~ wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:08 pm
Found it - Scottville.
Indeed, Scottville looking north along S Main Street towards US-10 in Mason County. Final runs of the old C&O Railway mixed trains 1 and 4 between Ludington and Saginaw with stop in Scottville, was made on November 30, 1949.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Where be it?
Attachments
wherebeit154.jpg
Webmaster

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Walker on the C&M?
~Z~ wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:23 am
Where be it?

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

~Z~ wrote:
Where be it?
Lakeshore Yacht Harbor, Muskegon.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Thou Art Correct. Have biked that trail a few times, and visited an old friend at that marina a few times.
Those sailboats looked a little out of place in Walker :)
Webmaster

railrod1949
Railroadfan...fan

Standard Railfan wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:43 am
~Z~ wrote:
Where be it?
Lakeshore Yacht Harbor, Muskegon.
Indeed Lakeshore Yacht Harbor, on the shore of Muskegon Lake, Muskegon, Muskegon County. The track to the right is the Mid Michigan RR lakeshore spur now our of service.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

This one from 1969 should be easier. A popular railfanning town. The buildings are still there but only 2 tracks remain in that spot.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Durand?
Michael wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:10 am
This one from 1969 should be easier. A popular railfanning town. The buildings are still there but only 2 tracks remain in that spot.