Detroit and food

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Detroit and food

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

I guess now that I think about it, I have not seen one, just never thought about it.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/06/news/ec ... 2009080610
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Detroit and food

Unread post by AARR »

Our church, located in the middle class burbs, is very active in gathering and distributing food and goods to those in need. Those in need are growing.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Yea, I was shocked when i read the article. But the subrubs have PLENTY of Meijers and walmarts, and Targets....

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Detroit has places to buy groceries, they just aren't chain stores anymore. Most of the Farmer Jacks that were sold a few years ago are operated by independent owners, and there are a lot of CVS drugstores around so there's places for people to go.

You have to look at the historical aspect of it as this isn't a new trend in Detroit either since most chain stores pulled out back in the 1970s after that little incident in the summer of 67. This latest downturn in the economy just puts the spotlight back on how things are.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Don Simon wrote:Our church, located in the middle class burbs, is very active in gathering and distributing food and goods to those in need. Those in need are growing.
Here's an idea...stop breeding. If those who have no business breeding stopped having children, then there wouldn't be a hunger issue.

While trying to help these people, they should also be educated about birth control.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

While trying to help these people, they should also be educated about birth control.
Abstinence is best. It works every time without fail. That's what should be taught. The vast majority of the children in Detroit are born into single parent homes. It's a recipe for trouble that we're all witnessing first hand.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

and how about any grocery store in Detroit proper operating without getting robbed or people constantly stealing things. Because of that prices go up and people look elsewhere to shop for cheaper items or the stores move. Here in Columbus, we had a Meijer on Georgesville Road. And it closed because all the thuggery and mayhem that went on there. They called the place "Stop and rob store" because items were being stolen in mass quantities plus rampant vandalism and bullying that went on there. And guess what, all this mayhem at the store was caused by people of all ethnicities, not just black folks either. While this Meijer moved to Grove City to a brand new building along with its employees or they transferred to the Meijer on Hilliard Rome Road. There was another Meijer Store on the other side of town in Brice near Reynoldsburg that did the exact same thing and moved there store out to Pickerington. Because of the population growth on the eastside of Columbus, there are plans to build another Meijer out near the town of Pataskala in LickING County. Anywho with the old Meijer left to rot on Georgesville, the Wal Mart down the road picked up all the Meijer patrons. And along with these new shoppers, this store picked up other things too. With the closing of the Meijer, crime, stealing and mischief are becoming more commonplace at Georgesville Road WalMart. We don't shop there anymore. There is a Wal Mart on the other side of town at Easton on Morse Road that is just as bad if not worse than one the near us. No matter where you live in the Columbus area you will see a Kroger or Giant Eagle on every corner. And some are better than others depending on location.
Exit stage left

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

Abstinence is the root of all evil. Makes people walk around griting their teeth.

We can't suggest castration, that sounds like Hitler. Can't suggest execution, that
sounds like Stalin. Can't suggest responsibility, that sounds like Republicans. Can't
suggest education, that sounds racist.

Thank God for the business cycle.
5 years on college faculties
34 years working on railroads

RR is more fun

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

TSB wrote:Abstinence is the root of all evil. Makes people walk around griting their teeth.
There IS relief for that, you know. :wink:
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

There IS relief for that, you know.
Sure is...gum :wink: :lol:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Don Simon wrote:
There IS relief for that, you know.
Sure is...gum :wink: :lol:
Is that what you old timers called it? :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Is that what you old timers called it?
Sometimes we call it biting the bullet :lol:

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Abstinence may work, but it's just not realistic. Sexual activity is a VERY difficult urge to quell and for good reason, seeing that the primary reason for all life is reproduction.
Birth control for the win.

Grandville
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Grandville »

Don Simon wrote: Abstinence is best. It works every time without fail.
Believe you're forgetting Mary, Don. You remember her, known as "The Virgin" :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Abstinence may work, but it's just not realistic. Sexual activity is a VERY difficult urge to quell and for good reason, seeing that the primary reason for all life is reproduction.
Birth control for the win.
Difficult...in this culture yes. But the rewards are worth it. Anything less than abstinence will not solve the problems associated with sex outside marriage. It'll only esculate it.

Even masterbation has potential consequences. Going blind, furry knuckles, these are not the kind of things I want. My Gosh, have you seen Mattsquatch :lol: :P :wink:
Believe you're forgetting Mary, Don. You remember her, known as "The Virgin"
Tushe' :lol:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Okie dokie, thread brought attention to food problems in detroit, and turned into when to have sex/masterbate. Thread closed, thank you drive thru.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com