Mystery radio traffic

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Mystery radio traffic

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Was traveling through Toledo this weekend with scanner on of coarse and heard some very odd transmitions. Computer voice like a defect detector but it would announce CSXT then a 5 digit number and a message like "Main resevor depleted" or "sytem ready for brake application" just wierd stuff all dealing with brake pressure or applications. Could this be remote control operations? If so why the 5 digit number and not a 4 digit unit number? Maby some of our engineer friends can answere this one.

Sousa

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Mystery radio traffic

Unread post by ~Z~ »

SousaKerry wrote:Was traveling through Toledo this weekend with scanner on of coarse and heard some very odd transmitions. Computer voice like a defect detector but it would announce CSXT then a 5 digit number and a message like "Main resevor depleted" or "sytem ready for brake application" just wierd stuff all dealing with brake pressure or applications. Could this be remote control operations? If so why the 5 digit number and not a 4 digit unit number? Maby some of our engineer friends can answere this one.

Sousa
it certainly sounds like a remote control transmition. Heard very similiar things from our old chessie drone engine CSX 9120 at Wyoming Yard in Grand Rapids. Never had heard a 5 digit one...even the RC sleds(the black ones) are 4 digits as well...
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

What you heard, is the new (I think Catron) remotes. IMHO they suck compaired to the old ones, they never talked. Any time the remote is actavated, time out feature is used, and a host of other stuff, it will say the following....

CSXT 9121 A (or B, for the two diffrent opperator boxes, depending on whitch one did the command), blah blah blah blah.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

SousaKerry
ALCOHAULIC

Unread post by SousaKerry »

Yes you may be right the last digit was probobly an A or B was paying more attention to the road and all the other wonderfull drivers on 475 that rainy night otherwise i would have writen it down.

Thanks
Sousa