Having a bad day? Something to make everyone smile :)

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Having a bad day? Something to make everyone smile :)

Unread post by David Collins »

https://youtu.be/1mvuaSDBviM?si=ucHWkb2gTFF29tPz

DISCLAIMER: The parents of the kiddos in the video gave me full permission to post, I would not have posted this if I did not get said permission. But I did, so here it is.

One of my railfan friends (who was in town from Florida) and I were out for Amtrak 355 and some other trains in Royal Oak tonight. There were two very excited younger railfans there too with their moms, and when 355 pulled in, the engineer (who happens to be a friend of mine) opened up the cab door and they started chatting. It really made me and my friend smile, and definitely made our week better, given the sh*tshow that CP 2816 and the whole trip was. When it was time to depart, the engineer put on one hell of a show, as he normally does whenever he sees railfan(s) trackside. :)

Side note: we did catch the GT heritage unit later, one of the kids really liked the GT was all excited when I told them what was coming. I gave them some recommendations as well, including this very site, for train information, heads up and other things related to rail!
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Having a bad day? Something to make everyone smile :)

Unread post by joeyuboats »

And that is how to create a railfan. Engineer was cool, informative, and a CLASS act. Amtrak should be proud of this man !!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Having a bad day? Something to make everyone smile :)

Unread post by AARR »

It's nice that you caught it David
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...