Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by tsinoms »

I actually have one to play now! I am disallowing CAT345C and RDD for 24 hrs. There is your hint.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Unread post by LSRC »

Trevor, I was going to cheat because you told me the location and never disqualified me. After going through my text messages, I realized that you only told me verbally where it was a while back. And I forgot.

....so my guess is Munising.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Dude that is a sweet little conversion! Is someone living in that thing?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MQT1223 wrote:Dude that is a sweet little conversion! Is someone living in that thing?
Looks like something used by the railroad. Perhaps an office?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

AARR wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Dude that is a sweet little conversion! Is someone living in that thing?
Looks like something used by the railroad. Perhaps an office?
Oh I didn't even notice that rails are in front of it.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

LSRC wrote:Trevor, I was going to cheat because you told me the location and never disqualified me. After going through my text messages, I realized that you only told me verbally where it was a while back. And I forgot.

Wrong answer :)

XGB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by XGB »

L'Anse

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:
LSRC wrote:Trevor, I was going to cheat because you told me the location and never disqualified me. After going through my text messages, I realized that you only told me verbally where it was a while back. And I forgot.

Wrong answer :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

XGB wrote:L'Anse
Boom. Jim was in the UP which was on the right track but no cigar.
Here is a view of the other side shot by our own Nathan Nietering.
GP30M4216 wrote:This old Milwaukee Road boxcar, number 2630, sits unused on a siding along the former MILW line in L'Anse, MI. This line once went all the way north to Houghton and Hancock, but has since been trimmed back to not much farther north from this spot. It's a neat old memory from the past on this line. This car is easily visible from US-41. May 2, 2008.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

tsinoms wrote:
XGB wrote:L'Anse
Boom. Jim was in the UP which was on the right track but no cigar.
Here is a view of the other side shot by our own Nathan Nietering.
GP30M4216 wrote:This old Milwaukee Road boxcar, number 2630, sits unused on a siding along the former MILW line in L'Anse, MI. This line once went all the way north to Houghton and Hancock, but has since been trimmed back to not much farther north from this spot. It's a neat old memory from the past on this line. This car is easily visible from US-41. May 2, 2008.
Reminds me of the stranded tender at Ingersoll, Montana. When the pacific extension was ripped up the tender was simply left on the track it still sits on to this very day.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Somewhere on the west side of the state...

GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

Older picture the of Coopersville & Marne RR bridge over the the old PRR grade? Most of the area under the bridge has been covered with fill.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Nope. That would be this:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

CSX over the north branch of the Macatawa river on the south side of Holland, near the Holland airport?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

~Z~ wrote:CSX over the north branch of the Macatawa river on the south side of Holland, near the Holland airport?
Hmm...I didn't even know that little bridge existed. I may need to go investigate it now. :)

I thought someone would get this right away.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Is it on an active rail line or a walking trail?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MQT1223 wrote:Is it on an active rail line or a walking trail?
Good question ;)

I know where this is, since he told me about it. Lol'ed at the previous responses
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:Nope. That would be this:

Why was this bridge partially filled in like this? Y just leave it alone?

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote:Is it on an active rail line or a walking trail?
I will say this...you can see it through the trees from a nearby highway. Not gonna say which one though. :)

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Can I guess, can I , can I? :lol: It is not a trail, yet.

It has a twin that JT did not see :wink:

The C&M bridge was filled by either GT (most likely) or CMGN, then it could be removed from their property insurance.