ADBF 1751 JAIL OLD TOWN SPUR

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
A No.1
To Portland

ADBF 1751 JAIL OLD TOWN SPUR

Unread post by A No.1 »

If I knew how to post photos here I would. LoL. Today, in the Rain, was an amazing move from Ensel yard to Friedland Industrys and return. All I can say is.... WOW. That was cool. The buildings that the line runs by are ineradicable. ADBF 1751 was the work horse. Im told that its not long for Michigan. Anyway. Really cool move. I hope some other people post photos from today. I have like 150 drone shots but really have no way to add them here.

Cheers.
Mark it Zero.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: ADBF 1751 JAIL OLD TOWN SPUR

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

It's not too hard. Below the quick reply window, click the "Full Editor" button. On the new screen that opens, below the typing window, click on "Attachments", and then "Add Files." Once your image loads (you'll see a green checkmark), you can insert the image wherever in your reply you like by clicking the "place inline" button for each image. You can add up to three images per reply, and they must be landscape format. Give it a shot! Can't wait to see your photos; they always order the best weather for Old Town Spur switching days :lol: .

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I watched them too yesterday. I missed the Friedland move though. Looking forward to your pictures.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

If this loads, This is a shot of them shoving the Empty between Pablo's Mexican Restaurant and an Art Store toward Friedland Industrys.
Attachments
DJI_0657AAc1600.jpg
Mark it Zero.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

I have So Many to edit. These are already on RailPictures.net. Im kinda slow at editing.

This was an Easy chase as its FRA Excepted Track and Exempt. Top speed would be 5mph. All Crossing must be protected. My chase was made easy when I learned I could get AR Digital channels on my setup.
Attachments
DJI_0802AA1600.jpg
DJI_0608AA1600.jpg
Mark it Zero.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for posting A1.

There’s a recent post somewhere on the board that appeared to show this line as out of service. If it wasn’t for your pictures I would have thought it was OOS too.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

So I the way I heard it, Friedland gets 1 or 2 cars per year just to avoid some sort of Licencing Fee for the line. Im not really sure of the details on that. Just what I heard from a credible source.
Attachments
DJI_0857AA1600.jpg
Mark it Zero.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Wow, these are amazing!
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

And It was Raining 🌧!!. The Air2s did pretty good in the rain.
Attachments
Screenshot_20231109_111032_Gallery.jpg
Mark it Zero.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

So I’m looking at your photos (incredible views, btw!). Did they bring the empty gon in, load it immediately and then pull it right away? Or did they set it off and then come back later to pick it up?

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

So the 1751 and Gon were spotted at Ensel Yard just off the Spur Switch the night before. That morning the line was cleared of Debris and flangeways cleaned. The South Gate on Turner was Deactivated because it blocks the spur. The Gon was shoved to its spot, Loaded, and brought back to Ensel. The Gate at Turner was put back in service. Turner Road had to be protected by Employees on the ground for all movements during the switch.
Mark it Zero.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Do you think that gondola is at its load capacity? It looks like it could have held more scrap metal.

Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Dan Cluley »

Very nice drone work. I'm curious, what radio do you have that can get their digital channels?

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Not Loaded to capacity. That comment was made by the ADBF guys aswell. It's really a token move just keep the line in some sort of service from what I gather.

As for the Radio. I'd tell ya. But I'd have to...... I'm not gonna tell ya. 🤣
Mark it Zero.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Did any vehicles need to be towed from the track before the train passed?

MP73point4
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MP73point4 »

I did see your pics on Railpictures. Very nice. Here's one from the olden days. 4/19/99.
Conrail-N.Lansing,MI04-19-99b.jpg
RR Pass Collector

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

AARR wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:02 pm
Do you think that gondola is at its load capacity? It looks like it could have held more scrap metal.
Bummer you missed the move. Where did you see them?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Easel Yard just before they departed south
LansingRailFan wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:15 pm
AARR wrote:

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

AARR wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:33 am
Easel Yard just before they departed south
LansingRailFan wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 10:15 pm
AARR wrote:
you were thaaaaat close to watching history

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

It would have been nice if someone posted on this board that it was going to happen :wink:
LansingRailFan wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:01 pm
you were thaaaaat close to watching history