Amtrak's Pontiac power swap, how do they do it?

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Amtrak's Pontiac power swap, how do they do it?

Unread post by David Collins »

https://youtu.be/uIm2LzMNaC0

Title sums up the video, first time I've done a narrated video in a minute. Enjoy!

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Amtrak's Pontiac power swap, how do they do it?

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Nice video, the narration was a bit hard to hear in the beginning over the crossing bells and train sounds.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Nice little video, except......

352's crew does not go wye locos after they get into PNT account they don't have enough time left to work to do so.....usually, the only crew that wyes locos is 354's crew, unless the extra engine was used on either 351 or 353; then either the crew on 350 will wye their loco and put in on the equipment that will become 355--or an extra crew will be called in if 350's crew doesn't have enough time and they will wye the loco

so many variables....

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

KVERBERK wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 am
Nice video, the narration was a bit hard to hear in the beginning over the crossing bells and train sounds.
Ditto - thought maybe it was my hearing more than anything, but yes, bring your vocal track higher in the mix.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Buster Manning wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:56 am
Nice little video, except......

352's crew does not go wye locos after they get into PNT account they don't have enough time left to work to do so.....usually, the only crew that wyes locos is 354's crew, unless the extra engine was used on either 351 or 353; then either the crew on 350 will wye their loco and put in on the equipment that will become 355--or an extra crew will be called in if 350's crew doesn't have enough time and they will wye the loco

so many variables....
Thank you Buster!

I had a feeling I may have messed it up, I was mainly just going to talk about the swap happening with the engines being taken off and being put on, maybe I'll remaster it :D