Railfanning at National Train Day on 5/14/22

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Railfanning at National Train Day on 5/14/22

Unread post by David Collins »

Today I spent roughly 10 hours at the National Train Day festivities at the Toledo Amtrak station, all in all, it was a VERY solid day of railfanning, including catching the Interstate heritage unit leading NS 60T, This unit has evaded me very well over the last several years and now I can say I only need to see 5 more of the NS heritage units.

I also got to put another RRFan member name to a face, this time it was ConrailDetroit!
Attachments
The outbound engineer on NS 15N puts on quite the show with waves and LOTS of horn blasts.
The outbound engineer on NS 15N puts on quite the show with waves and LOTS of horn blasts.
A very rare H2 paint Ex BN SD70MAC trails on Eastbound intermodal train 22K
A very rare H2 paint Ex BN SD70MAC trails on Eastbound intermodal train 22K
NS' interstate heritage unit ducks under an overpass just west of the Toledo Amtrak station.
NS' interstate heritage unit ducks under an overpass just west of the Toledo Amtrak station.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Railfanning at National Train Day on 5/14/22

Unread post by ~Z~ »

10 hours eh? So posting at 3:55pm, started no later than 5:55am, and edited your pics while still there or on your ride home?
Hope you enjoyed the time out with your fellow railfans.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: Railfanning at National Train Day on 5/14/22

Unread post by David Collins »

~Z~ wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:18 pm
10 hours eh? So posting at 3:55pm, started no later than 5:55am, and edited your pics while still there or on your ride home?
Hope you enjoyed the time out with your fellow railfans.
Yep, my dad went with me and he drove home since I woke up at 4:15 AM and I could BARELY stay awake. I also have a photo editor on my phone so that was useful. It was a lot of fun for sure!