GTW and PRR Heritage on 11/23/2020

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

GTW and PRR Heritage on 11/23/2020

Unread post by Ypsi »

This morning I got word that the CN Q116 with the GTW heritage Unit leading was still working Moterm. With that information I got myself together aiming for Either Delray or Wyandotte since they would be departing Moterm at the same time I as left my house. I got word they were on Conrail about 10 mins into my drive, so I rerouted to Flat Rock/ Trenton to be safe. Luckily they are the same distance and time away so going further south was not an issue. After shooting a NB 332 the Q116 came calling next with the still fresh GTW painted SD70M-2 on the point.

ImageGrand Trunk Western Heritage by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

With that caught I started to head home, but was given a heads up that a Coke train would be coming off the boat line with the PRR Heritage Unit second out. This unit is one that I had not caught yet, and since I was only 8 minutes away I decided to grab this train as well. Again Delray would have been tight so I headed to Foreman Ave just east of the NS Detroit Bridge. Someone added a little dusty "PC Patch" to the engineers side nose of the unit.

ImagePennsylvania Railroad Heritage Unit by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: GTW and PRR Heritage on 11/23/2020

Unread post by AARR »

You had a good day Ypsi :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...