Durand Area - November 14, 2020

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
GTWChris
Railroadfan...fan

Durand Area - November 14, 2020

Unread post by GTWChris »

Knowing that there were several westbounds in Port Huron and the weather was forecasted to be clear and sunny all day, I decided to head over to the Flint Subdivision to shoot the westbounds. Shortly after arriving in Durand, the first westbound got lined up with two others fleeted behind it.

A single unit leads the first westbound under the signal gantry at Clara/Durand:
CN 3080 West at Clara by Christian White, on Flickr

About 30 minutes later, 397 heads west with an assortment of power:
CN 397 West at Durand by Christian White, on Flickr

Following right behind 397 was the PTC test train with two CN units and an old IC caboose. At this point the PTC test train had caught up to 397 giving me time to head over to Bancroft to shoot it:
PTC Test Train by Christian White, on Flickr

After I shot the PTC test train, GLC arrived to work Durand yard. GLC 383, one of the three ex-MRL SD35s, leading three other EMDs pulls a cut of cars out of the yard:
GLC 383 Working Durand Yard by Christian White, on Flickr

I went down to Main St to shoot GLC shoving its Durand pickup back to its train:
GLC 383 Working Durand Yard by Christian White, on Flickr

GLC would work the yard for approximately an hour and then head south. There was a brief hour long pause in activity after GLC headed south and then an eastbound and a westbound got line up. The westbound got put on main 1 to meet the eastbound. The westbound had a matching set of ET44ACs:
CN 3066 West at Durand by Christian White, on Flickr

The eastbound met another westbound at Flint. As the next westbound approached, the sun began getting lower on the horizon and the cloud cover picked up. With a few rays of sun peeking through gaps in the clouds, CN 2342 brings the westbound through Durand:
CN 2343 West at Durand by Christian White, on Flickr

Following behind CN 2342, 514 got the signal out of Flint to turn south at Durand and head onto the Holly:
514 Turning South by Christian White, on Flickr

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Durand Area - November 14, 2020

Unread post by AARR »

Looks like you had a great day GTWChris. Catching the GLC with the SD35 switching the yard would have been the highlight of my day!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...