Cloudy Cleveland Sunday

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Cloudy Cleveland Sunday

Unread post by Ypsi »

This last Sunday I took a solo Socially distanced train watching trip to Cleveland Ohio. My main goal was to chase the Cuyahoga Valley Railroad Fall Flyer Train. The Fall Flyer only ran between Independence and Peninsula so the chase was relitevly short and easy. After successfully getting 7 or so shots of the first trip I headed into Cleveland where I would spend some time at the NS Bridge over the Cuyahoga River. On my way out of town I found the Mothballed Flatts Industrial Railroad. I would have stopped anyway, but a raised lift bridge ahead gave me even more reason to get some shots of the shuttered short line.

ImageAlco in the Valley by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

The CVSR rolls between 10-15mph on these fall trips, so chasing was very easy. The ditchlights on the 365 flash at the same time which was a weird look.

ImageNS Cuyahoga River Bridge by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

I caught 4 moves at the bridge, and saw it both lower and raise back up in my time at the river. It was cool to see the massive structurer moving for tugs to pass under.

ImageFlatts in Cleveland by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

The Flatts is a neat little railroad I never got to see in action. Their motive power rest just outside of downtown. Their locomotives are painted in a decently attractive green and yellow scheme.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Cloudy Cleveland Sunday

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for the pictures Ypsi
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

What happened to the Flatts?

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Their last customer stopped shipping earlier this year. The railroad basically appeared to be mothballed when I saw their power.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Ypsi wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:37 pm
LansingRailFan wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Their last customer stopped shipping earlier this year. The railroad basically appeared to be mothballed when I saw their power.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flats_Industrial_Railroad

Not a whole lot going on