Amtrak Trains in Ann Arbor Michigan

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Amtrak Trains in Ann Arbor Michigan

Unread post by Ypsi »

This is a couple weeks old at this point, but that's busy I have been. I had this one processed about a week ago but did not get around to uploading it until yesterday. Anyway Similarly to how I spent an evening in Jackson, this time I spent some time around Ann Arbor at some neat locations. First up was Amtrak 359 heading west between signals 40 and 42, this location is on one of the scenic areas of the line where the Huron river snakes under the Michigan line multiple times and there are quite a few bends for the Amtrak train to negotiate. They are sweeping around an "S-bend" as they pass and clear 42 west. After filming 359 I had a bit of a break before heading to Ann Arbor station to catch Amtrak 355 in some nice light. They arrived on time and departed just a couple minutes late. Finally I ended the day at twilight catching Amtrak 358 racing east at milepost 32. This is another decently scenic area as the tracks cross over the Huron river in multiple locations again. It is also the location of one of the vintage type A mini searchlight signals on the Michigan line, of which are not long for the world.

ImageAmtrak 355 at Ann Arbor by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

Thanks for watching and reading! 8)
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown