Bay City/Saginaw Activity

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Bluewaterfan
Pullman Fan

Bay City/Saginaw Activity

Unread post by Bluewaterfan »

Yesterday(9-11-06), I went to Wenona Yard to see any activity. No engines except one's being worked on. The SGVY 998 has a grey awning over the engine and the Central Michigan Wenona Yard sign is gone and it is replaced by a RailAmerica sign. I didn't have my camera with me. I also noted three rail passenger cars in the middle of the yard, but I couldn't get close to see them. I think they were Bluewater's cars

Today, at 3:30am, I was driving to Bay City and I decide to go thru Pigeon. I noticed that the crossing lights were activated. I hurried (within the speed limit) and saw a HESR train pulling hoppers heading toward Bad Axe. It went by and I continued on my way.

After college, I went to Zilwaukee to look for trains. I came upon the tail end and waited for it to go by.

I raced it to the next crossing and positioned my vehicle for a avatar and took these pictures.

I then noticed that the train had the 3 Bluewater's on the train, right behind the locomotives!!!

The train had about 70 cars behind the passenger cars. It was headed for Durand I think.

I then headed to Bay City and took the picture of the new Wenona Yard
sign.

I then headed to Caro to look at the derailment site. The old tracks were torn up and a new crossing was put in.

I also took a picture of the track that caused the derailment (I believe)

And more pics of track damage

One can make a mistake and own up to it, but still feel guilty.
~~anonymous

R Bedell
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by R Bedell »

Hey Matt:

Thanks for the Pics....Great.

Yup, they finished up Caro late last week.

RB

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Nice pictures Matt. I hate that Central Michigan is called Hu...I can't even write it :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...