Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:29 am
Would you rather live in a nicely run and well-maintained city without a car or two hours from convenience stores, malls, hospital, etc. ?

With a car. There are no man made utopias

Would you rather go on a nature walk and have multiple close animal encounters or bike the same path but not see any animals?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:09 am
Would you rather go on a nature walk and have multiple close animal encounters or bike the same path but not see any animals?
The first

Would you rather go on a nature walk and have multiple close encounters with animals but have to deal with pesky insects or the same path with no animals and no insect?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:13 am
Would you rather go on a nature walk and have multiple close encounters with animals but have to deal with pesky insects or the same path with no animals and no insect?

The first, which is exactly what I did. :D

Would you rather ride a women's bike or not ride at all?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:49 am
Would you rather ride a women's bike or not ride at all?
As long as it fit me properly I would ride a ladies bike

Would you rather climb Sleeping Bear Lookout Point 400' sand mountain or bike the road through the same park it is in?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:23 am
Would you rather climb Sleeping Bear Lookout Point 400' sand mountain or bike the road through the same park it is in?

I've done the first so the second.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:04 am
Doing just one of them on the same day is fine, thank you, the second because I love the downhill to the finish.

Would you rather visit and climb in eight Michigan waterfalls of your choice over two days or hike all the paths/roads on Mackinaw Island in one day (about 20 miles)?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:33 am
Would you rather visit and climb in eight Michigan waterfalls of your choice over two days or hike all the paths/roads on Mackinaw Island in one day (about 20 miles)?

Waterfalls. I think I have been to only 1 in the UP.

Would you rather read a book on a rainy day or ride your bike in the rain?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:20 am
Would you rather read a book on a rainy day or ride your bike in the rain?
As long as it is warm enough I will bike in the rain

Providing you have the proper gear would you rather bike when its 70 degrees and raining or 40 degrees, dry and sunny?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:12 pm
Providing you have the proper gear would you rather bike when its 70 degrees and raining or 40 degrees, dry and sunny?

40 and sunny

Would you rather bike when its 70 degrees and raining or 40 degrees, dry and sunny

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:59 am
Would you rather bike when its 70 degrees and raining or 40 degrees, dry and sunny
Sorta of depends on how hard it's raining but for a gentle shower I will go with 70 and raining

Would you rather use a road bike and bike on a paved path for 20 miles or use a mountain bike and bike a moderate off-road dirt course for 12 miles?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:06 pm
Would you rather use a road bike and bike on a paved path for 20 miles or use a mountain bike and bike a moderate off-road dirt course for 12 miles?

The first. I don't think I could go a mile off road without popping a tire or breaking something on the bike.

Would you rather tinker with the past or tinker with the future?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:02 am
Would you rather tinker with the past or tinker with the future?
The future

Would you rather go back in time and try to change something or go ahead in time and warn them of something going on now?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:50 pm
Would you rather go back in time and try to change something or go ahead in time and warn them of something going on now?

Back to the future!

Would you rather be able continuously grow new teeth or grow a great head of hair?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:38 am
Would you rather be able continuously grow new teeth or grow a great head of hair?
Teeth

Would you rather spend a week at a cabin along one of the Great Lakes or along one of the inland lakes?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:19 pm
Would you rather spend a week at a cabin along one of the Great Lakes or along one of the inland lakes?

You can't go wrong there but I will take the Great Lakes

I usual know what AARR will say and I think you answered this one already but I'm asking anyways.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:48 pm
Would you rather spend a week at a cabin along one of the Great Lakes or along one of the inland lakes? I usual know what AARR will say, and I think you answered this one already but I'm asking anyways.
Inland lake. Preferably something with a lot of animals.

Would you rather go kayaking or water skiing?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:57 pm
Would you rather go kayaking or water skiing?

Kayaking

Would you rather be able to time travel but not be able to pick the time or location or be able to read minds but not be able to pick the person?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:17 am
Would you rather be able to time travel but not be able to pick the time or location or be able to read minds but not be able to pick the person?
The second. But it probably won't be as cool as it seems.

Would you rather ride a 4-wheeler or snowmobile on appropriate terrain?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:57 pm
Would you rather ride a 4-wheeler or snowmobile on appropriate terrain?

4 wheeler. Simply because you need snow for a snowmobile.

Would you rather be stuck with the choice of the History Channel or the Cooking Channel for the rest of your life?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:44 am
Would you rather be stuck with the choice of the History Channel or the Cooking Channel for the rest of your life?
Meh the History Channel

Would you rather get only a few primary TV channels or 10 cable channels, but you do not choose which ones?