Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Just a few people. I've been to both types of churches and it's too easy to just show up to the standing room only service and leave afterwards without speaking to anyone than it is with just a few people.

Would you rather see a train with freight cars you find interesting or a heritage unit running light?
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:24 pm
Would you rather see a train with freight cars you find interesting or a heritage unit running light?
I think I would prefer a train with freight cars I find interesting

Would you rather sit at a major junction and watch four trains an hour or chase a local switching customers?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

AARR wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:58 am

Would you rather sit at a major junction and watch four trains an hour or chase a local switching customers?

I'd rather see 8 trains an hour. 4 sounds a lot like Durand on a really good day.

Would you rather see a unit train go by quickly or watch the mixed freight train crawl by?
~ Charles W.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:31 pm
Would you rather see a unit train go by quickly or watch the mixed freight train crawl by?
I love watching mixed freights on jointed rail crawl by

Would you rather watch CN go down or come up Port Huron Tunnel?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:00 am
Would you rather watch CN go down or come up Port Huron Tunnel?
Up and out of the tunnel!

Would you rather golf with Tiger Woods, play football with Tom Brady or play basketball with Michael Jordan?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:21 am
Would you rather golf with Tiger Woods, play football with Tom Brady or play basketball with Michael Jordan?
Probably play basketball with Michael Jordan

Would you rather bring back a modern classic like Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Hero's?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:39 am
Would you rather bring back a modern classic like Gilligan's Island or Hogan's Hero's?

Both are still on TV but if you mean a remake I'll go with Hogan's Hero's even though it will stink

Would you rather spend the day with someone from high up in railroad management or someone in the field like an engineer/conductor/MOW?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:32 am
Would you rather spend the day with someone from high up in railroad management or someone in the field like an engineer/conductor/MOW?
Both but since you are making me pick one, I will go with an upper manager.

Would you rather work on a Class 1 railroad doing a very specific job or work for a short line and do something different every day?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:21 pm
Would you rather work on a Class 1 railroad doing a very specific job or work for a short line and do something different every day?

Short line

Would you rather work walking distance to your job but travel out of state a lot or never travel but commute an hour each way to work?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:00 pm
Would you rather work walking distance to your job but travel out of state a lot or never travel but commute an hour each way to work?
Reluctantly I pick the 2nd

Would you rather live in the city and have to rely on mass transportation or live someplace rural but live an hour from grocery stores, malls, etc. ?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 6:56 am
Would you rather live in the city and have to rely on mass transportation or live someplace rural but live an hour from grocery stores, malls, etc. ?

The second while we still have a choice

Would you rather get stung over a 100 times by bees or bitten all over by red ants?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:13 am
Would you rather get stung over 100 times by bees or bitten all over by red ants?
I guess which ever one I have the best chance of surviving but holy cow that is a dark Would You Rather

Would you rather chop a 3' diameter tree down with an axe and saw it into pieces by hand with a partner or free dive in waters with a partner where white sharks live in 10' of water with 20' visibility until you have collected 100 abalone combined?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

I thought we were due for a dark one? :?

AARR wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:09 pm
Would you rather chop a 3' diameter tree down with an axe and saw it into pieces by hand with a partner or free dive in waters with a partner where white sharks live in 10' of water with 20' visibility until you have collected 100 abalone combined?

The second one with AARR

Would you rather meet the members of the USN Blue Angels or the members of the USAF Thunderbirds?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:31 am
Would you rather meet the members of the USN Blue Angels or the members of the USAF Thunderbirds?
Thunderbirds but both would be very interesting

Would you rather ride in the back seat of an F22 during a combat mission of the back of a blue angel during an air show?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:59 am
Would you rather ride in the back seat of an F22 during a combat mission of the back of a blue angel during an air show?

F22 8)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:53 am
Both will probably make me throw up but I will go with the F22 too.

Would you rather ride the worlds fastest and highest roller coaster or bungee jump from 300'?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:13 am
Would you rather ride the worlds fastest and highest roller coaster or bungee jump from 300'?

Roller coaster

Would you rather never have to eat or never have to sleep?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:28 pm
Would you rather never have to eat or never have to sleep?
I enjoy both but I guess eat

Would you rather be in complete control of your temper or knowing when to stay quiet?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:23 pm
Would you rather be in complete control of your temper or knowing when to stay quiet?

Only speak when it can improve upon the silence

Would you rather go without a clothes dryer or an without a toaster oven?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:03 am
Would you rather go without a clothes dryer or without a toaster oven?
I would rather go without a Toaster Oven I think

Would you rather go without air conditioning or an automatic garage door opener?