Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:42 am
Would you rather prefer to bike with someone with comparable abilities or someone who can push you beyond?
In the past I would like to be pushed but not anymore, give me someone of comparable abilities that I can chat with while we bike. That's why I decline to bike with Jetlink...he is a monster when he is on his game.

Would you rather bike 25 miles on a hard-packed dirt four-wheel trail with moderate hills and turns or 50 miles on the side of the road with a large shoulder along a busy road?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:06 pm
Would you rather bike 25 miles on a hard-packed dirt four-wheel trail with moderate hills and turns or 50 miles on the side of the road with a large shoulder along a busy road?

I'd rather do the 25 miles but being that I've never gone 25 miles without a flat so I will opt for the road so I can limp home or get a ride.

Would you rather have the BEST custom made bike money can buy but be limited to riding only once a month or have a piece of junk (like me) and ride daily?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:39 am
Would you rather have the BEST custom-made bike money can buy but be limited to riding only once a month or have a piece of junk (like me) and ride daily?
Ride daily, I did it for the few first years and I am a survivor

Would you rather have an eBike or the finest custom-made bike money can buy?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:47 pm
Would you rather have an eBike or the finest custom-made bike money can buy?

The second.......then sell it and buy a decent bike and pocket the profit :lol:

Would you rather have the world moderately warming or moderately cooling?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:03 pm
Would you rather have the world moderately warming or moderately cooling?
It's been moderately warming, and it seems to be just fine.

Would you rather use Google or DuckDuckGo?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:26 pm
Would you rather use Google or DuckDuckGo?

I use both intermittently. Google seems to have a more robust search engine but DuckDuckGo claims privacy although I am dubious.
DuckDuckGo uses Microsoft's BING search engine which I feel is inferior to Google although they ALL censor.
How is that for the answer you did want or need to hear?

Would you rather watch a local High School football game or any NFL game?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:01 pm
Would you rather watch a local High School football game or any NFL game?
HS I guess

Would you rather watch the Detroit Tigers or a game at Jimmy Johns stadium in Utica?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:23 am
Would you rather watch the Detroit Tigers or a game at Jimmy Johns stadium in Utica?

Both are great stadiums but I will join you at JJ

Would you rather have a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:03 am
Would you rather have a Rolls Royce or a Ferrari?
I guess a RR so I can arrive at events rather than just drive to events :)

Would you rather hike in the woods or mountain bike in there?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:20 am
Would you rather hike in the woods or mountain bike in there?

Both but hike is my answer.

Would you rather live in Grosse Point or Bloomfield Hills?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:39 am
Would you rather live in Grosse Point or Bloomfield Hills?
Bloomfield Hills...it is more rural than I thought.

Would you rather have a lean athletic body, but your wife thinks you just look ok or have a dad's body, but your wife really digs you?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:56 am
Would you rather have a lean athletic body, but your wife thinks you just look ok or have a dad's body, but your wife really digs you?

The first. I would rather be in better health.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:24 am
The first...she'll get used to it :) .

Would you rather be built like a body builder, but your wife thinks you look just "ok" or have an average looking body, but your wife likes your tummy?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:32 pm
Would you rather live be a elementary school principal or a high school janitor if the pay was the same?
Janitor...I have been one coming up on 40 years and it's ok.

Would you rather be the Athletic Director at U of M or the GM for the Detroit Tigers?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Neat trick! I don't recall posting this 8)
Michael wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:51 pm
Would you rather be the Athletic Director at U of M or the GM for the Detroit Tigers?

Tigers

Would you rather work at a 5 star restaurant or a 5 star hotel?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:05 am
Would you rather work at a 5 star restaurant or a 5 star hotel?
Both would be difficult. I will go with the restaurant.

Would you rather be an epic tower climber or parkour?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:59 am
Would you rather be an epic tower climber or parkour?

Parkour

Would you rather spend all day in live meeting or zoom meetings?

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Michael wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:47 am
Would you rather spend all day in live meeting or zoom meetings?
Zoom meetings, so I can justify to my parents that buying a $1,600 gaming computer was legitimate :lol:

Would you rather meet me in person while railfanning, trying to get the best photo angles and video angles, OR meet AARR analyzing every car type, where they're going and what they're carrying (which is quite cool not going to lie :) )

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Good one
David Collins wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:20 pm
Would you rather meet me in person while railfanning, trying to get the best photo angles and video angles, OR meet AARR analyzing every car type, where they're going and what they're carrying (which is quite cool not going to lie :) )

Tough call. You and I have met and I do love photography but despite knowing AARR 12 years and talking a few times, we have never actually met due to the restraining order Don has placed on me. I say all 3 of us get together and do both.

Would you rather have a 1 day all access pass to the railroad of your choice or a month long all access pass to the Lapeer Industrial Railroad?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:15 pm
Would you rather have a 1 day all access pass to the railroad of your choice or a month long all access pass to the Lapeer Industrial Railroad?
The first

Would you rather remove my restraining order and railfan freight trains with AARR or have David, Michael and AARR meet in Troy and watch Amtrak?