Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:32 am
Would you rather go for a long drive in great weather with no traffic and a good friend or a short but extremely turbulent flight with nothing but jerks as well as all the other pleasantries of modern day air travel; masks, TSA, delays, etc....
It sorta depends what's at the other end but normally I prefer short trips even if they are unpleasant

Providing you like where your going in both cases, would you rather go for a long drive in great weather with no traffic and a good friend or a short but extremely turbulent flight with nothing but jerks as well as all the other pleasantries of modern day air travel; masks, TSA, delays, etc....?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:50 am
Providing you like where your going in both cases, would you rather go for a long drive in great weather with no traffic and a good friend or a short but extremely turbulent flight with nothing but jerks as well as all the other pleasantries of modern day air travel; masks, TSA, delays, etc....?

If it is under 1,500 miles I will drive. Over that I will fly.

Would you rather be a math wiz or know 3 languages?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:03 pm
Would you rather be a math wiz or know 3 languages?
Both are useful but my brain is wired for math 8)

Would you rather live next to tracks with only commuter trains or live 100 miles away from any trains?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:13 am
Would you rather live next to tracks with only commuter trains or live 100 miles away from any trains?

Next to the tracks....

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:11 pm
I'll live 100 miles from a commuter line I think

Would you rather live next to a meat packing plant or animal rendering plant?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:02 am
Would you rather live next to a meat packing plant or animal rendering plant?

Meat packing

Would you rather live next to a school or a nursing home?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:16 am
Would you rather live next to a school or a nursing home?
Nursing Home

Would you rather be a proficient building or tree climber?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:34 am
Would you rather be a proficient building or tree climber?

Building. 8)

Would you rather own a giant movie theater or a Chick fil A franchise ?

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Michael wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:45 am
Would you rather own a giant movie theater or a Chick fil A franchise ?
I lived in Charlotte, NC for a year and got to experience the true joy of Chick Fil A, they’re on almost on every corner, so that for sure.

Would you rather live in a overpopulated city with tons of trains (ahem, Charlotte, NC) or a small town (like Elmira, Mi) that sees a few trains a week.
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

David Collins wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:43 pm
Would you rather live in a overpopulated city with tons of trains (ahem, Charlotte, NC) or a small town (like Elmira, Mi) that sees a few trains a week.
I prefer to live in a small town. If I need to see a lot of trains I'll travel. Now you may ask why do I live in the middle of large suburbs...it's because Mrs. AARR decides where we live...not me :lol:

Would you rather live someplace that has everything you like except trains or a place that has nothing you like but trains?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:25 pm
Would you rather live someplace that has everything you like except trains or a place that has nothing you like but trains?

The first. I could live without trains for long periods of time. That is my super power.

Would you rather get 1 BIG WISH or 3 small wishes.....whatever that means :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:12 pm
Would you rather get 1 BIG WISH or 3 small wishes.....whatever that means :lol:
Three small ones I think :?

Would you rather get one wish exactly what you want or five wishes that the genie can edit?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:58 pm
Would you rather get one wish exactly what you want or five wishes that the genie can edit?

1 wish exactly!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:04 pm
Can my one wish be for an unlimited number of wishes for exactly what I want? I didn't think so :lol:

Would you rather I copy the question for you to answer or ask something different :lol:

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:03 pm
Would you rather I copy the question for you to answer or ask something different :lol:

Let's make it both! Answer your own and then make up another

Would you rather live somewhere where it rains daily but it is above 50 or live somewhere where it is cold and snows twice a week?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:02 am
Would you rather live somewhere where it rains daily but it is above 50 or live somewhere where it is cold and snows twice a week?
Either way Mrs. AARR won't ever be happy and so neither will I :cry:

Would you rather build model airplanes, cars or trains?

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

AARR wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:54 pm
Michael wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:02 am
Either way Mrs. AARR won't ever be happy and so neither will I :cry:

Would you rather build model airplanes, cars or trains?
Trains for sure :D

Would you rather see the CSX OCS with the F40’s or see a heritage unit trio with units of your choice
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

David Collins wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:05 pm
Would you rather see the CSX OCS with the F40’s or see a heritage unit trio with units of your choice
The 2nd would be cool 8)

Would you rather watch GTW Holly Sub action in the 1950's or 1970's?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:48 am
Would you rather watch GTW Holly Sub action in the 1950's or 1970's?

I'll take either but probably the 50's

Would you rather spend this Friday at the Mall or driving 12 hours?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:17 pm
Would you rather spend this Friday at the Mall or driving 12 hours?
Mall but thank goodness I don't have to go 8)

Would you rather go to the mall on Black Friday or spend the day at RailRoadFan.com?