Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by Michael »

~Z~ wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:14 am

Would you rather see society change to a better standard for all inhabitants, or revert back to the standards of the 1700's?

With all the improvement in the past 300 years I would have to stick with now although we passed through an Amish community yesterday on way to Notre Dame and they really seem quite content with their simple life, while still knowing what else is out there is the rest of the world.

Would you rather own a Chick Fil A franchise that makes you rich but consumes most of your waking hours (except Sunday :))
or own start your very own restaurant and take all the risks and rewards?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I hear ya on the simple life. Sometimes I wish all I needed to do was find food and keep a roof over my head. Perhaps that's why I bought some bike packing equipment this week and going to try it... bike all day, eat, and sleep with few other concerns. Sounds wonderful.

I'd rather own my own restaurant. More freedom to pick what you want to make and how to make it.

Would you rather go on a bike packing adventure solo or with a group?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

~Z~ wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:28 am
Would you rather go on a bike packing adventure solo or with a group?

That is akin to asking me if I would rather have a burger or pizza....yes and YES but since I have to pick I will choosing a group because frankly I have a lot to learn and I feel we are meant to be (created for if you will) with other people.

Would you rather pitch your best railroad idea to the railroad CEO of your choice or spend a day with the CEO of your choice picking their brain?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 11:34 am
Would you rather pitch your best railroad idea to the railroad CEO of your choice or spend a day with the CEO of your choice picking their brain?
The 2nd and the CEO of a short line company

Would you rather pick a new name for your favorite railroad or its engine paint scheme?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 6:53 am
Would you rather pick a new name for your favorite railroad or its engine paint scheme?

Paint comes and goes but names are FOREVER :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 5:44 pm
I would like to rename Great Lakes Central to Ann Arbor Michigan Northern (AAMN) 8)

Would you rather be left or right handed?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Right handed. I remember in school when kids had to write essays and were left handed, their hands smeared through the ink and made their pages messy.

Would you rather the rain go away and come again some other day(weekend), or rain today and have it be clear tomorrow?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

~Z~ wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 7:51 am
Would you rather the rain go away and come again some other day(weekend), or rain today and have it be clear tomorrow?

Rain today. I'll be working most of the day.

Would you rather watch a Minor league baseball game of your choice for free in the seat of your choice or pay full price to watch a Major league game of your choice?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:54 am
Would you rather watch a Minor league baseball game of your choice for free in the seat of your choice or pay full price to watch a Major league game of your choice?
I would rather watch a game at Jimmy John's Park in Utica. They know how to entertain the crowd!

Would you rather vacation someplace rural like upper MI or in a large city like Chicago?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 6:58 am
Would you rather vacation someplace rural like upper MI or in a large city like Chicago?

I think everyone above 40 would say rural upper MI and younger could go either way.

Would you rather watch Top Gun 2 filmed in 8K IMAX with no CGI at a busy IMAX theater or watch another movie of your choice at home with the Mrs?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 4:38 pm
Would you rather watch Top Gun 2 filmed in 8K IMAX with no CGI at a busy IMAX theater or watch another movie of your choice at home with the Mrs?
Mrs. AARR and I haven't been to a movie in over two years so we'll go with Top Gun 2 (please tell me Tom Cruise is not in it)

Would you rather snorkel with whales or hike a South American Rainforest? Both with professional guides.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 7:26 am
Would you rather snorkel with whales or hike a South American Rainforest? Both with professional guides.

Both would really be something but I suppose the whales. Are we talking humpbacks or Orcas?

Would you rather snorkel with whales or hike a South American Rainforest? Both with professional guides?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 10:21 am
Would you rather snorkel with whales or hike a South American Rainforest? Both with professional guides?
Same as you, I would love to do both but I would go with the whales too.

Would you rather gather clothes and wash them or dry them and put them away?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 6:51 am
Would you rather gather clothes and wash them or dry them and put them away?

The first for sure but I tend to do both, although when I do the laundry it it is something a monkey could do "You put some clothes in a machine and pressed START, get over yourself." But if Mrs Michael does it then I have to hear how she had to walk 12 miles each way to dried out creek bed to beat clothe against a damp rock while carrying 3 small children simultaneously breastfeeding them and home schooling them, stopping only to pick berries and feed the homeless. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you rather be a car mechanic or an airplane mechanic.....or a work on diesel locomotives?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

:lol:
Michael wrote:
Mon May 09, 2022 10:24 am
The first for sure but I tend to do both, although when I do the laundry it it is something a monkey could do "You put some clothes in a machine and pressed START, get over yourself." But if Mrs Michael does it then I have to hear how she had to walk 12 miles each way to dried out creek bed to beat clothe against a damp rock while carrying 3 small children simultaneously breastfeeding them and home schooling them, stopping only to pick berries and feed the homeless. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Would you rather be a car mechanic or an airplane mechanic.....or a work on diesel locomotives?
Car although these days you have to be a computer expert more than a mechanic

Would you rather have a strained bicep muscle of hamstring?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 6:53 am
would you rather have a strained bicep muscle of hamstring?
Bicep? I'd rather be able to walk painfree

Would you rather have a job where it 100% talking with people or a job that you are completely on your own but pays 15% less?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:47 am
Would you rather have a job where it 100% talking with people or a job that you are completely on your own but pays 15% less?
When Mrs. AARR was a stay at home mom it was the first. After she went back to work I changed to the second.

Would you rather be able to bounce with your legs up to 10' or stretch your arms to 8'?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 7:19 pm
Would you rather be able to bounce with your legs up to 10' or stretch your arms to 8'?

Bounce. Sounds fun

Would you rather have an all electric vehicle or hybrid?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:01 pm
Would you rather have an all-electric vehicle or hybrid?
Whichever one is more economical to drive

Would you rather use buses or trains for public transportation?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:06 pm
Would you rather use buses or trains for public transportation?

Busses. It just seems so much easier, cheaper and more practical.

Would you rather see 1 of your paper railroads come to life or 3 of someone else?