Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by Chip »

David Collins wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:10 am
AARR wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:12 am
:
Would you rather see automotive parts in 86' box cars return to railroads or livestock in stock cars?
86’ foot boxcars for sure, especially some SOU cars

Would you rather see the triple crown roadrailers disappear or the southern heritage unit get scrapped?

Ooh that's an easy one, SOU heritage unit scrapped just to troll the foamers

Would you rather see UP4014 come to Michigan or C&O 1601 restored to operating condition?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Chip wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:15 am
Would you rather see UP4014 come to Michigan or C&O 1601 restored to operating condition?

Both of course would be cool but I'll take the first. I am ok with the second being stuffed and mounted at The Henry Ford Museum

Would you rather have "Would you rather" questions about a variety of topics or strictly railroad related?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:16 pm
Would you rather have "Would you rather" questions about a variety of topics or strictly railroad related?
Variety

Would you rather see the ADBF railroads keep their GP9's or acquire different engines?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:50 am
Would you rather see the ADBF railroads keep their GP9's or acquire different engines?

Can they keep what they have and still get new equipment? :D

Would you rather hunt for rail relics in Detroit or in the UP?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:47 am
Would you rather hunt for rail relics in Detroit or in the UP?
Tough decision for me...I'll go with the UP by a small margin

Would you rather get 2-3" of snow for five consecutive days or 12" in 24 hours?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:21 pm

The second which it looks like we are getting on Wednesday

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:34 am
I will take the 12" in one shot too

Would you rather have fingers that get very cold or toes?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:56 am
Would you rather have fingers that get very cold or toes?

Probably fingers

Would you rather in very rural Appalachia or NYC?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:37 am
Would you rather in very rural Appalachia or NYC?
I think Appalachia but I do not know why I think that :?

Would you rather work at a lumber or paper mill?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:21 am
Would you rather work at a lumber or paper mill?

The first I think

Would you rather have nothing to drink but light beer or take your chances with slightly tainted water?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:46 am
Would you rather have nothing to drink but light beer or take your chances with slightly tainted water?
Tough choice because I dislike the taste of beer. I think slightly tainted water because I drink a gallon a day and I have strong stomach.

Would you rather have to rely solely on buses or trains for transportation?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:13 pm
Would you rather have to rely solely on buses or trains for transportation?

Busses. Preferably one that can take me anywhere

Would you rather have graduated from Harvard with the lowest possible passing grades or EMU as the valedictorian?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:57 am
Would you rather have graduated from Harvard with the lowest possible passing grades or EMU as the valedictorian?
Probably EMU but I was never hung up on being the top in my class

Would you rather have graduated from U of M with the lowest possible passing grades or EMU as the valedictorian?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:43 pm
Would you rather have graduated from U of M with the lowest possible passing grades or EMU as the valedictorian?

Or the real option which was graduating EMU around the middle of the class. :lol:

Would you rather pee every time you sneeze or every time you laugh?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

YAARR
Michael wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:15 am
Would you rather have graduated from U of M with the lowest possible passing grades or EMU as the valedictorian? Or the real option which was graduating EMU around the middle of the class. :lol:

Would you rather pee every time you sneeze or every time you laugh?
Sneeze

Would you rather ride Amtrak to Chicago or the new passenger train between Ann Arbor and Traverse City?

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

I've made both drives before and that drive to Chicago SUCKS. I'll take the train.

Ford Bronco or Jeep Wrangler? Beware, it's a personal question to me and I will judge your answer 🤣

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Chip wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:23 pm
Ford Bronco or Jeep Wrangler? Beware, it's a personal question to me and I will judge your answer 🤣
Bronco, let's keep Chip employed 8)

You own a 15 mile short line that generates 5 cars a day and loads a 100 car unit train a month.....GP9's or SD40's?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:47 am
You own a 15 mile short line that generates 5 cars a day and loads a 100 car unit train a month.....GP9's or SD40's?

I am SO far from being qualified to answer this but I'll go with the one that uses less diesel in order to save money....presuming it is up to the task!

Would you rather go ice skating on a perfectly frozen lake that you can see through or roller blading down a rail trail?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:23 pm
Would you rather go ice skating on a perfectly frozen lake that you can see through or roller blading down a rail trail?
Both would be nice but I will go with ice skating and seeing what is under the ice 8)

You own a 50 miles short line that generates 12 cars a day of business and one 50 car unit train and one 100 car unit train a month...Do you go with four or six axle engines?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:21 pm
You own a 50 miles short line that generates 12 cars a day of business and one 50 car unit train and one 100 car unit train a month...Do you go with four or six axle engines?

I'll go with 6 axle but I'll ask my head of operations .......

Do you go with four or six axle engines?