Would You Rather?

For the group who LOVE to make threads never end, this forum is for you. Contained inside are the longest threads known to man, and responsible for half of AARR's posts. :)
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Would You Rather?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Definitely go to bed late and sleep in. How can one work out well with waking up several times during the night? Get a good night's sleep, then work out later in the day :)

Would you rather we continue to have Multi-Railroad dude make his presence asking if Mike can unban him from railstream, or nudge him in a direction to stop asking about railstream?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

~Z~ wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:54 am
Would you rather we continue to have Multi-Railroad dude make his presence asking if Mike can unban him from railstream, or nudge him in a direction to stop asking about railstream?
The 2nd definitely :)

Would you rather do a RRF.com meet fossil hunt (bike an abandoned ROW like Owosso to Lowell) or meet at a place like Deshler?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

As much as I'd like to do more biking outings, it just isn't an interest to 90%+ of the board members. A RRF.com meet needs to be a little more accessible than that. We'll just have to keep the bike outings to the few of us that enjoy that. So unfortunately, answer is Deshler.

Story: let's say you really had to use the bathroom on a road trip, stopped at a gas station where there's a single toilet in a room. Left a massive dump, and come to find out, the toilet's flush lever was broken and the toilet didn't flush. Would you rather tell the employee it's broken and help try to get it flushed, or bail out of there telling no one?
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

~Z~ wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:11 am
Story: let's say you really had to use the bathroom on a road trip, stopped at a gas station where there's a single toilet in a room. Left a massive dump, and come to find out, the toilet's flush lever was broken and the toilet didn't flush. Would you rather tell the employee it's broken and help try to get it flushed, or bail out of there telling no one?

Naturally this has occurred at various places over the years and it was always clogged/broken before I used it (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) :D but I believe I always mentioned it to the staff who would feign various levels of caring.

Would you rather be attacked by a dozens feral cats simultaneously or one Rottweiler?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:22 am
Would you rather be attacked by a dozens feral cats simultaneously or one Rottweiler?
The Rottweiler

Would you rather train to bike a 100 miles or run a half marathon?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:52 am
Would you rather train to bike a 100 miles or run a half marathon?

Half Marathon and when I told people about it incessantly I would omit the "half" part

Would you rather be an excellent artist or an excellent writer?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:41 am
Would you rather be an excellent artist or an excellent writer?
Both would be very good, but I will go with writer.

Would you rather not have enough to do and be bored or have too much to do and be overwhelmed?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:23 am
Would you rather not have enough to do and be bored or have too much to do and be overwhelmed?

Let's try that first one just for poops and giggles

Would you rather speak with a lisp or a stutter?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:42 pm
Would you rather speak with a lisp or a stutter?

Oh boy, both would be tough. I guess I will go with a stutter but I do not know why :? .

Would you rather have a small, medium or big sized dog?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:03 am
Would you rather have a small, medium or big sized dog?

I'll go medium. The little kids want a small dog and the big kids want a big dog so no one will be happy

Would you rather have to spend the entire day in a dim cold windowless room with a few model trains and short layout or in a sunlit room with a beautiful view but nothing else?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:20 pm
Would you rather have to spend the entire day in a dim cold windowless room with a few model trains and short layout or in a sunlit room with a beautiful view but nothing else?
The first, I will make my own entertainment 8) .

Would you rather go without bread for a month or potato's?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:48 am
Would you rather go without bread for a month or potato's?

Potatoes (remember when every thought THAT was SUCH a gaffe that a vice president misspelled potato?) The good old days.

Would you rather live off canned soups and vegetables or strictly McDonalds only?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:59 pm
Would you rather live off canned soups and vegetables or strictly McDonalds only?
I could eat relatively healthy from McDonald's it is just there would always be the temptation to eat tasty unhealthy food :lol:

If you can only eat at one fast food place which one would you rather it be?

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

AARR wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:37 pm
Michael wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:59 pm
I could eat relatively healthy from McDonald's it is just there would always be the temptation to eat tasty unhealthy food :lol:

If you can only eat at one fast food place which one would you rather it be?
Chipotle, I love "mexican", it's reasonably healthy, and the possibilities are endless.

Would you rather have an unlimited pandemic-proof supply of toilet paper or a bidet?
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Jetlink wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:58 am
Would you rather have an unlimited pandemic-proof supply of toilet paper or a bidet?
TP because I do not know what a bidet is 🤔

Would you rather know what a bidet is or have free breakfast cereal for a year?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:39 pm
Would you rather know what a bidet is or have free breakfast cereal for a year?

I know what a bidet is and I never eat cereal but I'll take it for the kids.

Would you rather have the next 2 months in the mid 50's or mid 80's ? Temperature wise :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:50 am
Would you rather have the next 2 months in the mid 50's or mid 80's ? Temperature wise :lol:
50's...yea I am weird that way :lol:

Would you rather have a job like Jetlink and travel the world, but your employer decides when and where you go or like ~Z~ where you can work from home, go for bike rides or meet your wife for lunch whenever you want? :lol:

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:35 pm
Would you rather have a job like Jetlink and travel the world, but your employer decides when and where you go or like ~Z~ where you can work from home, go for bike rides or meet your wife for lunch whenever you want? :lol:

I pretty much have Z's work situation but I'd like to try Jetlink's now

Would you rather invent something that makes you rich or something help all of humanity but you make nothing from it?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:45 am
Would you rather invent something that makes you rich or something help all of humanity but you make nothing from it?
The 2nd but if I am not a greedy SOB I could do both with the 1st like Tom Monahan :) .

Would you rather live near a short line railroad where the train is the same but the crews are friendly and will let you ride in the cab or a diamond of two major Class 1's with lots of trains and different types of engines but you have to stay off railroad property and most of the crews do not acknowledge you?

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

:D
AARR wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:12 am
Would you rather live near a short line railroad where the train is the same but the crews are friendly and will let you ride in the cab or a diamond of two major Class 1's with lots of trains and different types of engines but you have to stay off railroad property and most of the crews do not acknowledge you?

The first for sure. I am already pretty much in the second situation.