Canadian National Operations (upper peninsula)

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
CSXBOY
Railroadfan...fan

Canadian National Operations (upper peninsula)

Unread post by CSXBOY »

Good evening everyone, I am going back to the U.P sometime later on this summer to visit some friends that go NMU. After I returned home last year in June from visiting them, I saw an Instagram photo of a CN train passing Goose lake on a causeway with a pair of SD60s. I would love to shoot this operation. Does anyone on here happen to know the symbol and the window it passes Goose Lake in Marquette County? What subdivision is that CN track? I would love to take my friends to shoot this. I also was watching a Michigan Central lines video on Youtube of a chase they did with symbol L539 to La'nse MI. I was wondering and curious about that operation as well. Does anyone know when it runs and what days? It seems like an easy chase due to track conditions. Scenery looks top notch as well. I know little to nothing about CN operations in the upper peninsula except for the road trains that go to and from Sault Ste Marie. Much information is appreciated for these operations. I only know about the LS&I operations and honestly since the retirements of the U Boats it's not really a priority this time.

Thanks

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Canadian National Operations (upper peninsula)

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow