MMRR to cease operations in 2025?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: MMRR to cease operations in 2025?

Unread post by AARR »

redside20 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:29 pm
Over on the Midland Sub for HESR, there also appears to be in Auburn in which an ADM facility along with a Ittner bean and the andersons the latter of which seems to be only active customer at this time.The dow plant is at the end of the line for them. I hear Michigan Sugar and helena chemical keep the railroad busy on that end of the line towards port huron in croswell. Along with Croswell and Caro, what about the sugar plants in Sebewaing, Carrollton, and Bay City?
I have also heard that only ADM grain elevator in Auburn is shipping by rail at this time. The ADM bean plant and Ittner are inactive.

The Michigan Sugar plants all ship by rail but some more than others. Bay City is switched frequently. Croswell us switched twice a week during the busy season (about 21 weeks) and once a week thereafter. Caro is switched about once a week year round. I'm not sure about Sebewaing because I was told it is only used during the busy season (about 21 weeks) but according to Michigan Sugar's website their total tonnage is second only to Bay City.

Helena in Croswell is busy during the late winter/early spring but slows down in-between.

Carrollton does not produce anything AFAIK but is used as a warehouse for finished products from the other plants.

Corrections are welcomed.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

How many ADM facilities are in Auburn? and what about the Andersons facility there? And does the Carrollton warehouse ship by rail?
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

redside20 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:56 pm
How many ADM facilities are in Auburn? and what about the Andersons facility there? And does the Carrollton warehouse ship by rail?
I made a mistake. The Andersons (not ADM) in Auburn ships by rail. The ADM bean plant I am told does not at this time. The Andersons also has a small fertilizer dealer east of town.

The Michigan Sugar warehouse (former plant) in Carrollton ships by rail AFAIK.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

Is there any traffic in Fremont on the Michigan Shore? I believe Ceres Solutions moved all rail operations to White Cloud. Did they every transload lumber again?

I believe currently the three main customers for MS are:
Webb Chemical
Brinks Terminal
Nugent Sand (traffic down)

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Does Ceres infrequently (once or twice a year) receive fertilizer?
NS3322 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:09 am
Is there any traffic in Fremont on the Michigan Shore? I believe Ceres Solutions moved all rail operations to White Cloud. Did they every transload lumber again?

I believe currently the three main customers for MS are:
Webb Chemical
Brinks Terminal
Nugent Sand (traffic down)

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

NS3322 wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:09 am
I believe Ceres Solutions moved all rail operations to White Cloud.
I got the drone up this last October while chasing the MQT, while I didn’t take any photos of the facility, I did notice 6-8 CH’s on their lead. Past satellite photos show only 3-4.

I did ask my girlfriend for the hell of it since she used to live in White Cloud until she moved here to the D with me, she said they did undergo some sort of expansion in the last year or two (she couldn’t remember). Which may validate the less cars in the past and more now.

Not sure if that awnsers your question, but I thought I’d throw it out there.
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k