Great Lakes Central

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NickThatRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Great Lakes Central

Unread post by NickThatRailfan »

I wanna get up to Durand sometimes this winter to catch some trains running in the snow I know early morning tends to be the best time but what day is the best day and what days and times does GLC run through Durand?

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Great Lakes Central

Unread post by chapmaja »

Check out the train locations thread for the GLC to get a feel for when they run through.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

RoyalKingoftheRails
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by RoyalKingoftheRails »

NickThatRailfan wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:29 pm
I wanna get up to Durand sometimes this winter to catch some trains running in the Fluffy White pieces of Death I know early morning tends to be the best time but what day is the best day and what days and times does GLC run through Durand?
GLC runs only on Monday-Fridays. The southbounds tend to leave the Durand yard around 11 am to 1 pm. Northbounds into the yard tend to run late at night. I was just in Durand yesterday and caught the northbound going into the yard at 10:16 PM. They can come in later than that so it kind of varies as for the time.

If you’re ever at the Durand station and watch the ATCS Monitor stream on the screen, you can tell when it may run if the tracks at CP Pitt are switched to the little spur line that breaks off from the mainline. That’s GLC’s line.

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

RoyalKingoftheRails wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:43 pm
NickThatRailfan wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:29 pm
I wanna get up to Durand sometimes this winter to catch some trains running in the Fluffy White pieces of Death I know early morning tends to be the best time but what day is the best day and what days and times does GLC run through Durand?
GLC runs only on Monday-Fridays. The southbounds tend to leave the Durand yard around 11 am to 1 pm. Northbounds into the yard tend to run late at night. I was just in Durand yesterday and caught the northbound going into the yard at 10:16 PM. They can come in later than that so it kind of varies as for the time.

If you’re ever at the Durand station and watch the ATCS Monitor stream on the screen, you can tell when it may run if the tracks at CP Pitt are switched to the little spur line that breaks off from the mainline. That’s GLC’s line.
This is not compeltely accurate. While most of the time, the GLC is a Monday-Friday railroad, there are times in which they will run Saturday and Sunday Extras as well. Normally these grain trains, but they can also be simply at the need of the interchaging railroad or the customers.