Holland Railfan Meet 7/12/23

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MuskegonRailfanning
Railroadfan...fan

Holland Railfan Meet 7/12/23

Unread post by MuskegonRailfanning »

Holland railfan meet! Come and enjoy, snacks. Drinks, and so on! Come and have fun! Start time is whenever, come and go as you please! Me and my friend Andy24 will be hosting this meet together, make sure to bring sunscreen, and I hope to see you there! :D
MuskegonRailfanning, that one local Muskegon/Grand Rapids/Holland Railfanner. :D
Also, Here is a link to my YouTube channel
https://youtube.com/@muskegonrailfanning

JBaxter
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Holland Railfan Meet 7/12/23

Unread post by JBaxter »

I must admit it's a little bizarre to pick a Wednesday, but I understand the reasoning because more trains will run through there at that time compared to a weekend

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

I will be working that day however I definitely will be driving past and possibly attending this railfan meet via the Holland WebCam!

I think it would be great if you had some railfan special guest celebrities such as railroad photographer and Flickr contributor SD80MAC or YouTube’s Railfan Landon and Railroadfan.com’s very own Z in attendance.

Disclaimer: I will only drive past and be attending via the Holland Webcam if the meet is being held at the Holland Michigan depot.

Note: Wednesday is definitely the best day to spend in Holland Michigan watching and chasing trains. If you play your cards right you can have a pretty good day.

Landoncsx
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Landoncsx »

Where In Holland Michigan will this Railfan meet be hosted The train station or behind the BPW power plant? And what are the start and end times

Landoncsx
Railroadfan...fan

I will also be there on July 12

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

My chances of being there on a Wednesday during regular business hours are slim to none, but depending how late you all are planning to stick around, might be able to head out there in the evening.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Andy24
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Andy24 »

For me, I plan to arrive around 7 am and hang around until 2 pm ish. Otherwise, we can plan a different date to meet up.
Average railfan reporter on Grand Rapids Sub, Plymouth Sub, and Area Short Lines Railroads.

Follow my channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/@ATARP24

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

Andy24 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:47 am
For me, I plan to arrive around 7 am and hang around until 2 pm ish. Otherwise, we can plan a different date to meet up.
Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays are the best day to see the most trains in Holland Michigan unfortunately a lot of people have to work. If you were to schedule it on a Saturday or a Sunday then more people could attend but you would see far fewer trains.

JBaxter
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JBaxter »

GRHC wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:24 am
Andy24 wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:47 am
Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays are the best day to see the most trains in Holland Michigan unfortunately a lot of people have to work. If you were to schedule it on a Saturday or a Sunday then more people could attend but you would see far fewer trains.
100% agree, it's a sad tradeoff to have to make. I too will probably be joining on the Holland Cam if it's at the station/power plant.

Landoncsx
Railroadfan...fan

That work 7am to 2PM works for me see everyone there

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I can probably knock off work for a few hours that day to put in an appearance. Mid week, as others have said, tends to be busiest. Will this be a mobile party? The Depot is great because of plentiful shade. The BPW side has some better angles and long views into the yard but essentially no shade after mid morning. Z627 will come down but likely not pass the depot, and many of Y121’s moves also don’t pass that way.

Hey Andy if you set your alarm a little earlier you can catch the Pere Marquette at 06:45ish to start your day.

MuskegonRailfanning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MuskegonRailfanning »

I will be in Elkhart July 12th, I can watch the Webcam though. Sorry.
MuskegonRailfanning, that one local Muskegon/Grand Rapids/Holland Railfanner. :D
Also, Here is a link to my YouTube channel
https://youtube.com/@muskegonrailfanning

Andy24
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Andy24 »

MuskegonRailfanning wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:03 pm
I will be in Elkhart July 12th, I can watch the Webcam though. Sorry.
I’ll just spend time alone at Holland then. No worries
Average railfan reporter on Grand Rapids Sub, Plymouth Sub, and Area Short Lines Railroads.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I've received multiple texts that at least one member from here showed up in Holland, and there's no railfans to be seen at the depot.
So one of the hosts couldn't make the meet they planned. Did the meet actually get cancelled then and the hosts didn't post that it's cancelled?
Webmaster

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

:lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Landoncsx
Railroadfan...fan

Railfan Meeting May 1st 2024

here is the link to get you to my Google form I will be Filming trains at Holland Michigan train station on May 1st 2024 so here is a few question for you to answer of Google Forms. here is the Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Hmm... picked another Wednesday for a meet in 2024, like the one that was supposed to happen earlier this year that you didn't attend? Certainly hope the meet goes better.
Webmaster

Andy24
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Andy24 »

I would like to meet some railfans in the area at least 😇

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

100% have another commitment that day.

Caught this during the last meet up that wasn't - Y121 shoving at East Leg Wye on one of it's first trips in recent times with cars for Endeavor Ag up in Haarlem.
000634800006(1).jpg

Landoncsx
Railroadfan...fan

Railfan Meet Holland Michigan 2024

Hi it is Railfan Landon here with a special announcement I will be hosting my first ever Railfan Meeting at the Holland Michigan train station 2024 I will be announcing the event and what day and time it will start and end. I will keep you guys posted on my new Railfan Landon Facebook group https://facebook.com/events/s/railfanni ... tid=RQdjqZ