Great lakes central heritage units

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Great lakes central heritage units

Unread post by AARR »

Excellent suggestions
GTW Dude wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:51 pm
If you are genuinely serious about wanting GLC heritage units write a few letters out to the company and see if they’ll hop on board with your idea. If you can come up with a feesable plan and have permission from GLC to raise money then go for it. Try talking to people in the community and gather interest for your fundraiser and tell us “why GLC should make heritage units.” Your gonna need someone to design the units so your probably gonna want to reach out. Andy Fletcher who is very active online and was the designer of the NS heritage units might be able to help. This stuff takes money and time. None of it happens overnight.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

MQT1223 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:44 pm
Because foam Pat... because foam. :lol:
Which, unless GLC/Federated has a history fan at the helm, a simple petition from railfans is worth about nothing. Push forward a proposal to spend $20K to repaint a locomotive because a handful of railfans think it would be cool and your judgement as a manager might be in doubt.

The benefits to GLC will be intangibles. Employee moral. Good will in the community. Following GTWDue's suggestions if a GLC manager proposes a repaint can say hey enough people in the community are keen on the heritage of our railroad they are willing to pony up money to help with a repaint. Now you can sell it.

By the way they paint their locomotives image is more important to GLC than Watco. But Watco does have a handful of local school themed units. Good will in the community.

Metra letters locomotives "City of ____". Now some Joe who could care less about the railroad looks for the name of his town when a train passes. Good will in the community.

NS and UP were acknowledging the local heritage of the companies to their employees. Employee moral.

You need an angle to help sell the idea.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

TSBY did this and it was liked by the communities as far as I can tell. Maybe a heritage "City of Frankfort" engine.
PatAzo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:56 pm
Metra letters locomotives "City of ____". Now some Joe who could care less about the railroad looks for the name of his town when a train passes. Good will in the community.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...