Teen Dies jumping from RR Bridge in Ann Arbor

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Teen Dies jumping from RR Bridge in Ann Arbor

Unread post by AARR »

Saw this on the other board. Thought some of you might be interested.
Posted by Alex on 5/12/2022, 4:33 pm
https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/20 ... river.html

Looks like he was jumping off of the Ann Arbor RR Bridge.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Re: Teen Dies jumping from RR Bridge in Ann Arbor

Unread post by J T »

That bridge is not very high. He must have hit something under water. That is really sad.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

Was he jumping from the Amtrak bridge between Bandemer & Barton, or the Ann Arbor bridge at Argo?
The Amtrak bridge is pretty low to the water. The AA bridge is quite high and a pretty common one for jumping. I'm pretty certain there is a derailed train under the AA bridge (canoed out to it as a kid, I can remember seeing train wheels in the water... haven't looked for it since).

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

My understanding is it was the Amtrak bridge.
PerRock wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:52 am
Was he jumping from the Amtrak bridge between Bandemer & Barton, or the Ann Arbor bridge at Argo?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

PerRock wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:52 am
The Amtrak bridge is pretty low to the water. The AA bridge is quite high and a pretty common one for jumping.
peter
Amtrak bridge, as the article states "west of (Bandemer) Park," and doesn't mention anything about Argo.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.