Hamilton Northwestern Railroad Co.

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Hamilton Northwestern Railroad Co.

Unread post by David Lang »

Thanks GRHC, appreciate the clarification.

I'm with LansingRailfan - hoping this will pickup soon and the elevator resumes service. I sure would like to take a picture of a train going across the old trestle across the river there just before the elevator - definitely a unique situation there!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I’ve heard that Endeavor North Holland gets rail service but Hamilton doesn’t
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

So much tap dancing in this thread I feel like a young Fred Astaire!

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:43 pm
So much tap dancing in this thread I feel like a young Fred Astaire!
what are you going on about?
Last edited by J T on Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

I think he is going on about the fact there was a drastic change to the Hamilton Northwestern Last fall and no one has stated the facts about it, what it’s present state is, or what it’s future is on this website. Several members here are knowledgeable and could share. But for some reason they haven’t.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

TSS
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TSS »

Jetlink wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:14 am
I think he is going on about the fact there was a drastic change to the Hamilton Northwestern Last fall and no one has stated the facts about it, what it’s present state is, or what it’s future is on this website. Several members here are knowledgeable and could share. But for some reason they haven’t.
Exactly. It’s time to be respectful and understand that the people who know are unable to talk about the situation, whatever it is. Let it be.

GRHC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GRHC »

Jetlink wrote:
I couldn’t have said it better myself Jetlink and it is for this reason why we invite you to the party. I must admit however I find your post to be both cryptic and veiled and I have no idea what you’re really trying to say.

We could all take turns and post our speculations on why things are as they are that’s always fun. Now with that being said I’m not gonna be the one to start because I already get in enough trouble and don’t need any more.

I believe everything‘s going to work out all right and the Hamilton Northwestern will be up and running again someday and all will be good and right in the railfan world.

SecondCreek
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SecondCreek »

I was going to try to get a photo of it on Saturday...operating or not.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

I just want them to start selling merch.

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 12Bridge »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:25 am
I just want them to start selling merch.
Careful what you wish for.

SecondCreek
Railroadfan...fan

I stopped by Hamilton this morning and saw the two Hamilton Northwestern Railroad engines parked on the main track south of the trestle. Looking at the rails it had been a long time since a train came through.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

AARR wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:50 pm
That product is different from what Hamilton was getting.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Jim_c
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Jim_c »

I didn't see this posted. If someone did I apologize for the duplication. Looks like something is afoot.
https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... -projects/
Trails to Rails. Put the track back.

CSXT8390
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXT8390 »

TSS wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:29 am
Jetlink wrote:
Exactly. It’s time to be respectful and understand that the people who know are unable to talk about the situation, whatever it is. Let it be.
I know of a few things that happened, but I don’t think I should speak of them. What I will say is there isn’t much of a way to get cars up to the HNW as things currently stand.
My opinions and statements are my own personal views and do not represent those of my employer or any other employee associated with my employer unless specifically stated as such.

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Jetlink wrote:
We longtime members can forget how many people anonymously browse this website at any given time looking for information, dirt or over 50 Asian singles in your area now click here for more

SecondCreek
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:50 pm
The former Mr. Turkey site!

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

CSXT8390 wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:53 pm
TSS wrote:
Jetlink wrote:
I know of a few things that happened, but I don’t think I should speak of them. What I will say is there isn’t much of a way to get cars up to the HNW as things currently stand.
I would be very curious to know what you think happened. I’ve heard quite a few laughable rumors.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

SD80MAC wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:44 pm
CSXT8390 wrote:
TSS wrote:

I would be very curious to know what you think happened. I’ve heard quite a few laughable rumors.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Chip »

SD80MAC wrote:
CSXT8390 wrote:
TSS wrote:

Oh come on now, you can’t just drop a nugget like that and not share. I like comedy too!

CSXT8390
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CSXT8390 »

Chip wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:51 pm
SD80MAC wrote:
CSXT8390 wrote:

Oh come on now, you can’t just drop a nugget like that and not share. I like comedy too!
Don’t go into yards that don’t belong to your railroad and switch cars out.
My opinions and statements are my own personal views and do not represent those of my employer or any other employee associated with my employer unless specifically stated as such.