Michigan Fall Colors thread

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Michigan Fall Colors thread

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Let's see some pictures! Fall colors are approaching like a late Amtrak, but I think it's sneaking up on me (also like a late Amtrak lol). I'm always interested to see some great fall colors locations and hope some folks will share their favorite places and pics! Last year's colors were incredible in many places, let's hope for the same this autumn. Here are a few of mine:
CC8364 Wallace Rd G879 10-12-2010.jpg
A westbound CSX grain train is rolling along between Fowlerville and Webberville at the Wallace Road crossing. There's lots of good color in this stretch from here to the west of Williamston.
CP 8712 Q392 Hines Park Plymouth 10-16-2014.jpg
This is actually a CSX train (Q392) that brings back the spirit of the X trains of the decade prior. Shown eastbound on the CSX Detroit Sub from Haggerty Road in the vicinity of Hines Park Bridge. Actually, the Plymouth area is awash with colors some years, near Hines Park, Middle River, Northville, and beyond.
1-000169030008 MQT 2043 Fruit Ridge Rd Kent City 10-13-2018.jpg
This photo doesn't do the spot justice, but it's what I had on the day I had to work with it. The Marquette from Comstock Park north to Newaygo is full of color, including this stretch along Indian Creek Road near Kent City. Even if the colors aren't perfect this year, at least the power is always colorful on the MQT!

What are your favorite fall colors places trackside?

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: Michigan Fall Colors thread

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

I think you mean Ball Creek Road, not Indian Creek:)