Con Agra in Quincy

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Con Agra in Quincy

Unread post by AARR »

From the other site.
Posted by Alex on 9/30/2021, 2:20 pm
Is the Con-agra foods on Squires Road still an active railroad customer for the INERR?
No rail service there. There is still some track behind the building but it's in poor condition.

Anyone know what they might have shipped once upon a time? It looks like they have a couple spur tracks in back.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Con Agra in Quincy

Unread post by Buster Manning »

No idea....in looking thru some of my HCRC paperwork, Ekrich was never a customer of them; I do know that they made hot dogs and bologna there---got a tour of the plant while in 2nd grade. Most of the rail traffic on this spur came from Briskey's Elevator (outbound loads), which they used occasionally all the way into the IN years

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Re: Con Agra in Quincy

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I don't know what kind of products were shipped of received at Con-Agra in Quincy, but this is what the siding looked like about 8 hours ago! West of the spur is the Con Agra facility, but east of it is another Star of the West grain facility, separate from the one in downtown Quincy. This was taken from aboard today's "Hillsdale Flyer" operated by the Little River Railroad from Coldwater.
Con Agra Quincy Siding 10-03-2021.jpg