CN's Dearborn Division

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

CN's Dearborn Division

Unread post by AARR »

From the other site. https://members4.boardhost.com/OtherMic ... 90849.html
Posted by jim on 6/29/2021, 2:20 pm
Hello there. Does anybody out there familiar with CN operations downriver know if their Dearborn Sub. hosts traffic to/from the Mt. Clemens and Holly subdivisions or is it just traffic to and from the Ford plant? The line in question runs in between and parallel to I-75 and Allen Road down in the Woodhaven/Trenton area and goes to Flat Rock yard. Farther north it might be the same line that hosts the concrete arches dating to the 1920s. Thanks to any replies.
DaveO posted an answer:
Posted by DaveO on 6/29/2021, 3:54 pm, in reply to "CN Dearborn Subdivision"
Take a look at the google aerial photos.
There are connections that CN could use to head north but are not very desirable compared to what they use now.
I think it doubtful that CSX or NS want CN trains running through their yards when they have a better route.
The arches ran from Flat Rock to Dearborn.
I think CN interchanges cars with NS at their Melvindale Yard on this line including Ford auto parts and finished trucks from the Dearborn plants. Seems like they exchange a large cut of 86' high cube boxcars daily as well as lumber, loaded vehicles, coil cars and a few others.

Anyone lese have anything to add?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: CN's Dearborn Division

Unread post by David Collins »

One thing I can add, that’s no SD70… it’s a Deathstar duo…
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

ogauge47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ogauge47 »

L572 is a daily transfer from CN Flat Rock to NS Oakwood, they usually bring down a large chunk of manifest as well as automotive traffic.

JStryker722
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JStryker722 »

If there is enough traffic on a given day, L571 will also pickup or drop off NS interchange traffic, using the 2 interchange tracks on the south side of O.J.

Not consistently but I've noted it before.
My Wife says my first love is trains..anint that the truth! Lol :D