UP Rail Map?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

UP Rail Map?

Unread post by MiddleMI »

Does anyone know where I can find a good and up-to-date rail map of the Upper Peninsula, preferably something with an inset showing the area around Ishpeming and Negaunee? I know the area around there is quite confusing as to who owns what and where the changes happen.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: UP Rail Map?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

See the link in the first post of this thread. The map is fully up to date and most of the train info should be accurate, too. I will need to update once Watco takes over the Newberry/Munising line.

viewtopic.php?p=366306#p366306
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MiddleMI
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiddleMI »

Question, I noticed on some lines, they are the same color, but you get different names without knowing where the division is. For instance, there is CN Patridge but just a little further down the line it changes to CN Partridge to Little Lake. Are these different lines?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MiddleMI wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 1:43 am
Question, I noticed on some lines, they are the same color, but you get different names without knowing where the division is. For instance, there is CN Patridge but just a little further down the line it changes to CN Partridge to Little Lake. Are these different lines?
Nope, I thought I had the actual subdivision listen if you click on each line segment. The segments are broken down to make creating and modifying the map easier.

Both of those segments are a part of the CN’s Marquette Range Sub, for example.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow