Two spurs in Novi

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
mach69
Railroadfan...fan

Two spurs in Novi

Unread post by mach69 »

What's the deal with the two spurs in Novi? There's one going into Somnio Global but that hasn't seen any cars in God knows how long. Anyone know what they received and when they quit rail (if they did)?

There's also another one located just west of where the LSRC Saginaw Sub crosses Novi Road that is definitely disused. After doing some digging on rrpicturearchives.net, my guess is that spur was removed around 2011 or 2012. Could someone confirm this, and also who did it serve and what did they receive?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Two spurs in Novi

Unread post by AARR »

The company prior to SG received/shipped occasional large equipment (plastic injector machines).

The other spur used to extend south to a Johnson Control plastics plant. It hasn't been used in a very long time.
mach69 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:35 pm
What's the deal with the two spurs in Novi? There's one going into Somnio Global but that hasn't seen any cars in God knows how long. Anyone know what they received and when they quit rail (if they did)?

There's also another one located just west of where the LSRC Saginaw Sub crosses Novi Road that is definitely disused. After doing some digging on rrpicturearchives.net, my guess is that spur was removed around 2011 or 2012. Could someone confirm this, and also who did it serve and what did they receive?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...