NS Michigan Customers

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
1TrackMind
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS Michigan Customers

Unread post by 1TrackMind »

AARR wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:36 pm
Have you had an opportunity to catalog reporting markings?

You are a reliable and trusted source of railroad information so I believe you that Gerdau is shipping steel coils to Holt but it seems strange because I used to get by there once a month (now it's about once every six months) and I've not seen a single coil car in their property ever.
Gerdau doesn't even make coils in Jackson. I'm not sure if they used to years ago, but i can promise you non of the coil cars for Holt came from Jackson within the last 8 years. All of the JAIL cars came in and out on B33.

NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by NS3322 »

1TrackMind wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:13 pm
AARR wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:36 pm
Have you had an opportunity to catalog reporting markings?

You are a reliable and trusted source of railroad information so I believe you that Gerdau is shipping steel coils to Holt but it seems strange because I used to get by there once a month (now it's about once every six months) and I've not seen a single coil car in their property ever.
Gerdau doesn't even make coils in Jackson. I'm not sure if they used to years ago, but i can promise you non of the coil cars for Holt came from Jackson within the last 8 years. All of the JAIL cars came in and out on B33.
What kinds of cars does Gerdau receive?
Just gondolas and covered hoppers?

1TrackMind
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 1TrackMind »

Thats all I've every seen them get.