Albion Spur

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
NS3322
Railroadfan...fan

Albion Spur

Unread post by NS3322 »

Does anyone know when Guardian Fiberglass in Albion is serviced by NS. It would be so cool to see a train on this branch line.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Albion Spur

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Unless things have changed since June it is switched as needed by B22 in the afternoon, Monday thru Friday.
Last edited by ConrailDetr​oit on Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

B22 left Jackson today at about 2:30pm, haven't heard if they are at Albion atm but I would assume they would arrive within an hour of departing Jackson

B34 to BC is calling in to leave right now, at 3:30pm, due to take the siding at albion to pass B22 working the Andersons. So B22 is ether at Albion right now(3:30pm) or about to be. Prolly safe to assume they are in town by 3-3:30 if they are not delayed.

Also as I understand it B22 seems to build its own train in Jackson, if you see action in the yard after 1pm its likely them. They'll sneak away though town if your not careful!

Edit

To clarify because I just noticed the post before mine mentioning B16 vs B22. If I have it right B16 is the Jackson local, while B22 is the albion local.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Several years ago, I was in Albion in the afternoon on other business, and I caught the local switching the fiberglass plant. I am truly surprised trains can run on that spur. It was overgrown with weeds and brush, and appeared abandoned. The loco went extremely slowly, and I was sure it was going to tip over a couple times. I have no idea if they have fixed the spur, but it was something to see, for sure.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".