CN Battle Creek

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
ChessieForever
Railroadfan...fan

CN Battle Creek

Unread post by ChessieForever »

Was over in Battle Creek this morning getting my car serviced right near the tracks and caught 3 CN trains in 20 minutes. Not sure how many trains a day come through BC now, but I thought catching 3 in 20 was excellent. Had an eastbound double-stack at 9:20am with a pair of filthy older CN units that I could not read the numbers on, followed by a westbound double-stack at 9:30am with CN 2434 and UP 4476. Next in line was an eastbound freight with a string of racks at the head end at 9:40am. He was powered by CN 5448 and UP 2318. For a guy who thought he would see nothing this morning in only a 45 minute timespan at the dealership, I guess I lucked out.

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN Battle Creek

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Battle Creek is an all or nothing proposition with the CN, since they try their best not to run freights opposing passenger traffic. With eight (or sometimes ten) passenger trains daily passing through the junction, westbounds will sit on the departure tracks, while eastbounds will cool their heels out by the airport, waiting for the passenger trains to clear the shared trackage through town.