Ann Arbor Railroad question

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Ann Arbor Railroad question

Unread post by Ypsi »

I was planning on trying to catch the ann arbor railroad on saturday, but I am not sure what times that the Annie runs at. Can anyone help me out?
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

MDH
rp.net addict

Re: Ann Arbor Railroad question

Unread post by MDH »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:I was planning on trying to catch the ann arbor railroad on saturday, but I am not sure what times that the Annie runs at. Can anyone help me out?
If you want to catch the Annie in daylight on Saturday you'd probably have to drive down to Toledo and watch 'em putter around the yard. Last I knew, the once daily road freight gets their train together at Ottawa yard and departs around early to mid evening (which this time of year generally means "after dark") to make their run north and then returns before sunrise.

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Caught AA switching the Chrysler vehicle loading yard a couple Saturdays ago late in the morning.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

JANGAJONGA
Epic Fail B34 Master

Unread post by JANGAJONGA »

The last few nights they have been running at about 10 at/night through ann arbor.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Last Saturday (10-23-10) afternoon about 2:30 pm, after shopping from Wal-Mart of Saline, my wife and I went northbound on S. State Rd at railroad crossing. I looked and I saw one yellow GP39-2 appeared parked on east of Saline Branch pass AARR diamond crossing at Pittsfield Jct. I think they waited for other locomotives meet them from Omser.
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

Ben Higdon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ben Higdon »

OwlCaboose2853 wrote:Last Saturday (10-23-10) afternoon about 2:30 pm, after shopping from Wal-Mart of Saline, my wife and I went northbound on S. State Rd at railroad crossing. I looked and I saw one yellow GP39-2 appeared parked on east of Saline Branch pass AARR diamond crossing at Pittsfield Jct. I think they waited for other locomotives meet them from Omser.
They often park a pair of locos there when not in use.

I'm not sure if this is a regular thing, but from what I've seen, the AA doesn't run north to Osmer on friday nights, and run up there earlier on saturday instead. I've caught them a couple times around 2 or 3pm heading north through Ann Arbor on saturdays.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Ben Higdon wrote:
OwlCaboose2853 wrote:Last Saturday (10-23-10) afternoon about 2:30 pm, after shopping from Wal-Mart of Saline, my wife and I went northbound on S. State Rd at railroad crossing. I looked and I saw one yellow GP39-2 appeared parked on east of Saline Branch pass AARR diamond crossing at Pittsfield Jct. I think they waited for other locomotives meet them from Omser.
They often park a pair of locos there when not in use.

I'm not sure if this is a regular thing, but from what I've seen, the AA doesn't run north to Osmer on friday nights, and run up there earlier on saturday instead. I've caught them a couple times around 2 or 3pm heading north through Ann Arbor on saturdays.
Last times two or three years ago, I remembered, when on late morning near noon, I went to Milan. I saw three Annie locomotives powers freight cars (hi-cubes 89' and cover hopper cars) went to northbound for Saline Branch and Omser. I drove on way to Saline. Annie locomotives had separated three of one with hi-cubes 89' on Saline Branch for ex-Automotive Components Holdings plant of Saline. Two locomotives with cover hopper cars went to northbound for Omser.
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams