Anyone work for HESR?

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
That Guy
Railroadfan...fan

Anyone work for HESR?

Unread post by That Guy »

I have just recently applied to the HESR through RA's website to work as a conductor. They are hiring 2 out of Bay City. If anyone works for HESR, could you please PM me, I have a few questions.

Thanks

Matt

GTW6401
how bout no

Re: Anyone work for HESR?

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Unless your already certified as an engineer I doubt youll get in.

Qualifications :

Certified Locomotive Engineers are preferred. Must be willing to become a certified engineer as a condition of employment.
Valid drivers license required.
Must be able to successfully pass operating rules examination.
Must be able to distinguish color signals aspects.
Must be able to lift and carry freight car knuckle and perform physical tasks.
Must be able to read and write accurate reports and records.

fredstev
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by fredstev »

GTW6401 wrote:Unless your already certified as an engineer I doubt youll get in.

Qualifications :

Certified Locomotive Engineers are preferred. Must be willing to become a certified engineer as a condition of employment.
Valid drivers license required.
Must be able to successfully pass operating rules examination.
Must be able to distinguish color signals aspects.
Must be able to lift and carry freight car knuckle and perform physical tasks.
Must be able to read and write accurate reports and records.
Boy, that would really put a crimp in the women's lib movement. Picture a 110 lb. female carrying a knuckle and wrench back 40 car lengths on a bridge. :cry:
Pere Marquette guy

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

fredstev wrote: Boy, that would really put a crimp in the women's lib movement. Picture a 110 lb. female carrying a knuckle and wrench back 40 car lengths on a bridge. :cry:
Anyone that carries a knuckle forty car lengths is a freaking moron.

Drop off the knuckle, pull up to it and fix it. If the knuckle requiring replacement is on the car you left behind, put the knuckle on the rear of the last car, and shove back to it.

Again, anyone carrying a knuckle that far is a moron. All you have to do is lift it from the ground to waist height. Lift with your legs not your back, yadda yadda yadda. Its not hard to get it to waist height, the hard part is getting it to go into the drawhead.

Practice Safe CSX

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Anyone that carries a knuckle forty car lengths is a freaking moron.
I'd do it...it would be my workout :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

leo28150
Deactivated

Unread post by leo28150 »

You would be lucky to get it 5 car lengths walking on the side of the ballast; like CSX said, I would wonder about your mental state if you wanted to carry one of those at any distance...

I sometimes wonder if this was some sort of test by the rr to see if you are smart enough to figure out how to move the knuckle without carrying it :?: :?: :idea: :idea: