Csx

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Michigan.
i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Csx

Unread post by i995impalass »

Proly been talked about before, but what are your thought on CSX sheading 1000 miles of track a year? Do you think they will do more in Michigan in the next 5 years? I think they may get rid of the section to Marquette Rail from Tunner, to the Grand River, and let them serve the scrap yard there, then give rights to NS and what not, also i think the Hamilton siding will go soon, and Mid Michigan may pick that up. Just my thought, lets here what you think.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Csx

Unread post by ~Z~ »

i995impalass wrote:Proly been talked about before, but what are your thought on CSX sheading 1000 miles of track a year? Do you think they will do more in Michigan in the next 5 years? I think they may get rid of the section to Marquette Rail from Tunner, to the Grand River, and let them serve the scrap yard there, then give rights to NS and what not, also i think the Hamilton siding will go soon, and Mid Michigan may pick that up. Just my thought, lets here what you think.
Hasn't really been discussed here actually... I really don't see them ditching the service for the scrap yard or the interchange with GRE anytime real soon... if they let go of that, it'll only be when they ditch the whole GR area. There's just too much overhead traffic as of late to let all these lines go... especially with the large increase in coal to West Olive. Let's hope dok's idea of coal to trenton would work out to give more overhead traffic.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

C&O6088
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by C&O6088 »

CSX has actually leased the Hamilton Spur, from south of the Holland City Limits to Hamilton (about 6 miles). Hamilton Farm Bureau is leasing it and they have CSX run the power and pay for this one a week service, which right now is on Thursdays.

C&O

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Yes, more Class 1 track will go regional or shortline in the next 5 years.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

Don Simon wrote:Yes, more Class 1 track will go regional or shortline in the next 5 years.
I will believe that when I see it.
The way I see things right now, CSX does not want to get rid of us anymore.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I second Gregg, only line I can see going would be from Wixom north on the Sag Sub when Ford Closes. I could see the SBS running to Wixom, and having Liconln be the interchange yard when Ford Closes down.

Inside word from supervisor at Ford head quarters is that Ford is planning to shut down, then re-open and try for a non-union work force. The union is whats killing FORD. Then the union workers complain about losing their jobs.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

A1 RailFan wrote:I second Gregg, only line I can see going would be from Wixom north on the Sag Sub when Ford Closes. I could see the SBS running to Wixom, and having Liconln be the interchange yard when Ford Closes down.

Inside word from supervisor at Ford head quarters is that Ford is planning to shut down, then re-open and try for a non-union work force. The union is whats killing FORD. Then the union workers complain about losing their jobs.
The Unions are what's killing ALL the auto makers.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

well how much traffic dose the NS have (outside there yard) other than GM at 36th and the scrap yard by GVSU downtown?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

CSX and NS are taking bids on many lines in many states. That's common knowledge. If they get the right price they'll sell, lease, whatever. Look guys, if CSX will sell Flint-Saginaw, Baldwin Sub, Montague Sub, etc. they'll sell other profitable lines too. They possiblity of Class 1's divesting more MI lines is high for the next couple years.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...