IAIS in Joliet

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Illinois.
Ohiorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

IAIS in Joliet

Unread post by Ohiorailfan »

I may be coming over to Joliet for spring break, I was wondering if when the IAIS rolls through Union station there in Joliet?

Thanks

CSXIndyLine
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IAIS in Joliet

Unread post by CSXIndyLine »

When we were there in December, BICB came through around 2139hrs. CST, which is pretty typical from what I've been told. The next morning we got a SIBI at 0934, but that was an extra so you can't rely on that. However, CBBI was supposebly running mid to late morning through that area.

Ohiorailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Ohiorailfan »

Okay, thanks for the info!

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

If I remember correctly BICB goes on duty at 1900 and is usually on the move between 20:00-21:00 CBBI arrives usually under the cover of darkness even in the summer but does rub late getting to Blue Island after sunrise.

tadman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tadman »

If you've got some wheels, head in to Blue Island or Clearing, where they tie up. You may have a better chance of catching them. Not to mention both areas have tons of potential for seeing interesting stuff. If you don't have wheels, ride the Metra-RI into BI and have a burger at the Rail Grill.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

tadman wrote:If you've got some wheels, head in to Blue Island or Clearing, where they tie up. You may have a better chance of catching them. Not to mention both areas have tons of potential for seeing interesting stuff. If you don't have wheels, ride the Metra-RI into BI and have a burger at the Rail Grill.
IAIS goes to the IHB yard, not Clearing Yard.

JamesT4
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by JamesT4 »

Ohiorailfan wrote:I may be coming over to Joliet for spring break, I was wondering if when the IAIS rolls through Union station there in Joliet?

Thanks
I railfan here alot & from what I been seeing the nightly BICB train will leave after 7:30pm, basically after Metra RI train 523 which departs at Blue Island at 7:26pm on weekdays(or Metra train 223 on weekends with an 7:10 Departure) , but most times around 8pm. Most IAIS CBBI trains come during the wee hours of the morning, but on weekdays if it don't get through Joliet by about 4-6am time frame it will be a daylight run from Joliet to Blue Island with ti running after the Metra Rush. Might also get a extra manifest, or an ethanol train that also operates.

You are better off going to Blue Island to get the Iowa Interstate, because that is there main yard(Burr Oak Yard), Might also catch a metra switcher come out, & then an Chicago Rail Link Train.
GTW6401 wrote:
tadman wrote:If you've got some wheels, head in to Blue Island or Clearing, where they tie up. You may have a better chance of catching them. Not to mention both areas have tons of potential for seeing interesting stuff. If you don't have wheels, ride the Metra-RI into BI and have a burger at the Rail Grill.
IAIS goes to the IHB yard, not Clearing Yard.
IAIS goes towards Burr Oak Yard in Blue Island, then the BISW takes sets of cars from Burr Oak Yard towards the IHB Blue Island Yard in Riverdale, & back to Burr Oak. Some ethanol trains I seen goes straight for the IHB towards Blue Island Yard.

Thesee what I posted are from what I had seen while railfanning out in the area.
JamesT4 (James T.)
Flickr Photos: : flickr
Deviant Art Photos: Deviant Art