Tolleston Discussion

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Indiana.
GaryIndianaRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Tolleston Discussion

Unread post by GaryIndianaRailFan »

Just saw the ROW through the trees on Airport Road. Definitely cleared out, rails exposed. Hard to tell if there was any MoW equipment on it today.
“...what thrills me about trains is not their size or their equipment but the fact that they are moving, that they embody a connection between unseen places.”
― Marianne Wiggins

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

If you get a chance to go up to Clark Road it would be interesting to see if they have done any work there. CSX now owns the former NS ROW across Clark Rd and to the west where it should tie in to CSX's main line at some point. CN built a bridge over the old NS alignment to allow CSX to cross under their line.

GaryIndianaRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

justalurker66 wrote:If you get a chance to go up to Clark Road it would be interesting to see if they have done any work there. CSX now owns the former NS ROW across Clark Rd and to the west where it should tie in to CSX's main line at some point. CN built a bridge over the old NS alignment to allow CSX to cross under their line.
I'll head out tomorrow and see what's going on. I'll definitely report back.
“...what thrills me about trains is not their size or their equipment but the fact that they are moving, that they embody a connection between unseen places.”
― Marianne Wiggins

GaryIndianaRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

A freight was on the former Wabash two days ago headed into Kirk. I was unable to confirm if it was Norfolk, but more than likely. I recorded a quick clip of it. Looking west at about Marshall Street. No trains had been using the northwest turnoff at Tolleston in over a year. I can confirm last week there had been no trains on this line. I travel up on 4th Avenue bridge all the time and always take a glimpse down the line. The snow had not been disturbed. If you roll past now, you might see evidence of recent activity.
― Marianne Wiggins

GaryIndianaRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

On the Wabash again this afternoon. Someone told me they saw a train parked here yesterday. Perhaps this is the same one. They said it was two CN wide cabs at the head. Image
― Marianne Wiggins

9xs
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 9xs »

Looks like they're storing idle cars