Bluffton/Lima area

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Bluffton/Lima area

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

I’m on 75 SB and alongside me for quite some time has been railroad tracks on the west side of the interstate. Once I get into Lima, there’s quite a bit of industry and trackage. Is this all NS?

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: Bluffton/Lima area

Unread post by David Collins »

Yes, that is NS trackage, comes down from Fostoria.
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Alongside 75SB is indeed NS. When you get into Lima, it's a combination of NS, CSX, IORY, RJ Corman, and Chicago Fort Wayne and Eastern CFE. Zoom in on this map to Lima and you can see who owns which lines in town: https://fragis.fra.dot.gov/GISFRASafety/
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:59 am
I’m on 75 SB and alongside me for quite some time has been railroad tracks on the west side of the interstate. Once I get into Lima, there’s quite a bit of industry and trackage. Is this all NS?
Yes thats the NS LIma District that your following between Findlay and lima. did you see the huge grain elevator at Beaverdam? LIma is indeed a good place to catch trains as I75 skirts the east side of the city limits and passes over Highway 81, a quarry and the ex pennsy cfe. customers on this side of town are the huge p&g plant on the cfe east of town and a few plastic plants just east of the i75 overpass. then an ethanol plant just past i75 and breese road comes into view and thats served by the i&0 which the i75 passes right over on the very south side of town and also in that area is where the erie lackawanna used to come through as well. And then I75 then passes through the Fort shawnee, cridersville area the csx toledo sub comes into view in which csx serves a chemical depot in the vicinity of hanthorn road. what you dont see from i75 is i&o ford park yard and csxs robb avenue yard where bible road crosses just immediate to the west of i75 runs through. there are several industries and warehouses that both csx and i&o serve. the ns line joins up with csx through town and veers off towards the southwest where they share a yard with rj corman in turn with csx in both roads have access to the huge husky refinery and they have their own in house switcher, cfe has a yard on the west side of town and several customers out that way
Exit stage left