IORY South end news for 2021

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
bus12
Railroadfan...fan

IORY South end news for 2021

Unread post by bus12 »

Down here by where i live there are plans in the works to expand and install multiple sidings at the Sunrise Grain Elevator in South Charleston Ohio. You know him because he sometimes post here, Mark Hiser and co told me that Sunrise is looking to add and expand the multiple sidings because the IORY is starting to bring in two to three trains at a time of multiple grain, corn and fertilizer shuttles. So it sounds like South Chuck is becoming a busy little place on the south end. And over on the Greenfield Sub, the Huhtamaki plastics plant also just expanded and is a nice little plastics business for the I&O.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: IORY South end news for 2021

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for the updates bus12
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

bus12
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South end news for 2021

Unread post by bus12 »

From the south end to the north end. An NS train featuring empty agri hoppers came out of Cincinnati and came onto the I&O VIA CP 190 and into the connection at Maitland near Springfield. This train is now at Tremont siding about two hours ago and are now destined for Metamora Elevator at the Michigan border,